New Project- 05 Indy Fab Ti Deluxe

I don't have the serial number yet Guv but the seller sent me a little info. It was made in the fall of 2005 for a Californian roadie type. He was a weight weenie so ordered without the badge. He built up the bike but decided he didn't like mountain biking and it sat in his garage unused until last year when the seller bought it.

Interesting that a 110 fork will work. This one was designed around an 80mm fork but head angle looks kinda steep, 100mm might be about right. I don't want a sus fork on this as i generally don't like them- lots of reliability issues of late with new forks. So i guess a 440mm rigid will work fine on this.

S

The big cull wasn't to fund this, it was to get rid of the non riding garage queens. I'm just sticking to stuff that will get used now. Less polish, nore mud ;)

The funds from the sale are going into something else :p

toons":2rmmrj1d said:
Si, what about Sram 1x9?

Nah, its ugly. I always liked M950 but havn't had anything to put it on. I can get away with it on this. The grey looks really nice with Titanium.

On the other hand I might build it SingleSpeed

A little progress on part aquisition over the last few days. My good buddy in New York has sold me the forks for the project. They are late Fat Chance Big One Inch with the rarer 1 1/8" steerer and corrected to 80mm. They do have canti mounts only though so as soon as they land they will be off to Kevin Winter for boss removal and a IS disc mount adding. A little unconventional I know but I have always loved the Fat fork and there is the whole Fat/Indy Fab history to consider also. They will then need repainting. I'm undecided on the colour but would like to go for a Fat Ti-esque fade on the lower leg.

a few pics..

Attachments

• th_IMG_0033-1.jpg
    th_IMG_0033-1.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,349
  • th_IMG_0059.jpg
    th_IMG_0059.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,349
saltyman":19fcl2il said:
:D will look great i reckon, you going SS too Si?

I think so. I really like the simplicity of no gears. I'm less distracted and tend to ride better.

I need to decide on wheels and cranks now. Obviously disc wheels but do I go for something from around 2005 or bang up to date?

Back