Stumpjumper build - colour choice - what is your favourite?

If its steel, then red looks best in my opinion.

235107886_1f15542b30_o.jpg

Shame the bike is out of focus...

Orange is nice

2584807404_6d7b38c7e8_b.jpg

The last of the steels was a bronze colour, nice :cool:

3228308263_7601a10676_b.jpg

And the Gulf one was mine too, but sold it just after i built it...

3084752625_5d8d624f0a_b.jpg

Team red with white, the way forward ;)

Thanks for your thoughts everyone :) Loving the bronze one in particular I have to say.

I finally decided on the Mango, but then three things happened:

1. My wife decided that she would also like a Stumpjumper, so we can go riding in France this summer - so glad I married her :)

2. I have a RAL colour book with the actual colours in, and none of the yellows quite deliver the Mango look :(

3. Looking for a suitable project for my wife's bike I found a minty 98 Stumpjumper M2 in Mango :)

Sadly the 98 is my wife's frame size not mine, so that will go to her and I will get my frame done in either:

- white with red graphics (like Kaiser's build, which was my original plan)
- red with white graphics (lots of votes for that on here!)
- dew green (based on a straw poll in the office that did not have many fans, plus I am not sure I can get a good colour match from the RAL chart)

Thanks again for all your thoughts :)

Fred

Last Exit":2u0qlk4u said:
Thanks for your thoughts everyone :) Loving the bronze one in particular I have to say.

I finally decided on the Mango, but then three things happened:

1. My wife decided that she would also like a Stumpjumper, so we can go riding in France this summer - so glad I married her :)

2. I have a RAL colour book with the actual colours in, and none of the yellows quite deliver the Mango look :(

3. Looking for a suitable project for my wife's bike I found a minty 98 Stumpjumper M2 in Mango :)

Sadly the 98 is my wife's frame size not mine, so that will go to her and I will get my frame done in either:

- white with red graphics (like Kaiser's build, which was my original plan)
- red with white graphics (lots of votes for that on here!)
- dew green (based on a straw poll in the office that did not have many fans, plus I am not sure I can get a good colour match from the RAL chart)

Thanks again for all your thoughts :)

Fred

As the current owner of Kaisers frame I think you should paint it in proper Stumpy Red so it can continue to be the only red decalled white stumpy in the retrobike village. There's another white stumpy here in Denmark (Sstumpjumper's) but he's not decalled it.

Was also quite fond of the subdued green camo colour they made them in for a single year around 95 or so.

my vote goes for the red. but spez stumpjumper has a kind of appeal that can make you love it at any color. :)

Back