Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Cheers for that Carlton. Mine defo has cable routing like the MT4, so different to your MT5.

Guess it must be an MT4 then! Just wish it was a little bigger as it's really growing on me. :roll: :cry:

Hi all, I also manged to pick one of these (as did HarryCrumb on page 5 of this thred) for £20 off a nice lady that was selling it for her son. Its a Raleigh USA but i cant seem to find any more info about it can anyone shed some light on the matter. Thanks

Attachments

• dscf0188a_126.jpg
    dscf0188a_126.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,831
i think my MT4 must be quite a late one..
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=
as it doesn't appear to have a canti bridge on the seatstays, the cables are top tube routed and it has a seatcollar :? I'd go out to the garage and check the canti-bridge but i am miles away in 'flu quarantine' :cry:

the build is on its way too, its not really period stuff as i didn't have any or money to buy it, so far it has...
M960 cranks + BB
XT hubs on Mavic 221s
XT M739 f+r mechs, shifters/levers
Cane Creek S2 aheadset
USE Alu post
Flite Transalp
Ritchey SPDs
Avid Vs

and will probably have a Marin sourced black stem, silver Curve bars.. so not traditional and mostly robbed from my soon to be departing Kilauea, if I prefer the Dyna ride, or it might be the MT4 for sale!

I am curious about the finished weight actually, the Kilauea was about 22.6lbs with this lot (inc heavier cranks/bb) and i think the frames are about 0.3-0.5lb difference so i may just sneak under 22 with the MT4 :cool:

Matty 2 Fatty":11c874kl said:
Hi all, I also manged to pick one of these (as did HarryCrumb on page 5 of this thred) for £20 off a nice lady that was selling it for her son. Its a Raleigh USA but i cant seem to find any more info about it can anyone shed some light on the matter. Thanks

We brought over 3 models from Raleigh USA. Peak, Heat and Chill.
Not a lot of each though. They were of bonded constuction, done is a slightly different way to Dyna-Tech

Weighed my frame today on some not very accurate scales and it came out at about 3.5lbs. Feels very light, maybe more so then my Orange Elite! :cool:

Anyone shed any light on this frame?

As far as I remember the previous owner bought it in the USA and shipped it back when he left the States. It was originally all white with very pastel graphics and I sprayed over the frame with the current colour scheme. The top,down and seattube are aluminium and all the other tubes etc are steel. Apologies for the poor pics, will try and get some better ones over the weekend.

Attachments

• Raleigh2.JPG
    Raleigh2.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,071
  • Raleigh.JPG
    Raleigh.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 2,071
I'm having trouble with the brakes on my Ogre XT, no matter how hard I pull the brakes, I can't get the brakes to bite hard and stop the bike. I can actually pull the brake and keep riding the bike through them. Could it be the shiny stainless rims not giving the brakes something to bite on?

Back