SSEC 2010 ~ Roll Call!

This weekend coming is the last before the event weekend so time to start sorting a checklist.

Bike - Dahon Matrix - ;)
Tent ;)
Sleeping Bag ;)
Train Tickets ;)
Cheese :shock: Better get that sorted :D

Are we Retrobikers going to form a tent village and do we have a banner ?

Admittedly my bikes not Retro but I am :roll:

Sadly, its extremely unlikely i'll be able to make this. I'll contact the organisers and see if they have a waiting list, if not i'll karma my entry to a fellow retrobiker.

sinnett177":408aslf8 said:
Sadly, its extremely unlikely i'll be able to make this. I'll contact the organisers and see if they have a waiting list, if not i'll karma my entry to a fellow retrobiker.

There is no list of reserves, so this entry is up for grabs. It cost me £41 to enter, but is free to any retrobiker who can attend. Please pm me if interested.

Cheers Mark

AWWWWWW rats !!!! thats a shame :(

Anyhoo, had a wee squint at the YouTubed bits of the course and I'd say it looks fast, rooty and with the chance of mud but not particularly techy. I hope they're just keeping quiet about the hard bits because although I'm no great shakes as a mtb'r I do like a challenge :roll: :D

Think I'll take a smaller cog incase I feel I need to upgear by event day :D

I'm not going to mess with the perfection that is my Explosif for this "event" :cool:

It's not about the bike... it's about the cheese.

There's no real techy bits on the course but there are some tuff little climbs some on rooty sections and some lovely sweet flowing singletrack descneding. Thats just the course, there's plenty of other stuff in the FOD to go play on over the weekend though if the mood takes!

It's not about the bike... it's about the cheese.
LOL, I like it! May use that on the site if I may?

Sheldon, looks as though Grannygrinder will be taking my place. I've asked him to contact you to sort details.

Gutted to be missing this, have a great time and please put up loads of pics to rub in my misery further :cry: Looks like i'm on cheese sandwiches for a while too!

sinnett177":28gt21us said:
Gutted to be missing this, have a great time and please put up loads of pics to rub in my misery further :cry:

Please say that it isn't bike polo (pretty sure it isn't as I can't see you as a mallet polisher).

Huge thanks to Sinnett for the entry. I won't be there until early saturday morning as I have to babysit friday night. My wife wanted to go out with the girls, I couldn't very well say know could I? :D
What to ride? Might chance bringing the RM out of retirement ;)
I think 32-17 or 18.
See you all there.
Note to self: Must re-waterproof the tent.

Back