Five steps of RetroBiking...(so far)

10. Jez's bike gallery is like an iceberg. You see the obvious, but you know there's alot more you cant see that you wish you could.

13. You see someone riding on the street on an 80s / 90s mountain bike and you stop them to evangelise about RB, and how their steed is a design icon and they don't make them like they used to, and let's go for a pint / ride / sticky cake sometime.

pete_mcc":cajqd2pb said:
6 Realise that no matter what part you think will be the ultimate bling finishing touch to you latest bike, Scant'll have broken a number of them, Jez will have snipes set up on any on ebay, Rumpfy will already own 10 of them (NOS, obviously), Repack Rider will have been involved in the original company that made them (or have a photo of him will the original designer who he knows very well) and B3 will be able to build you one from scratch in his workshop (oh, and gil'll put the decals on it)

Hahaaha.....wait. :|

Hilts":1yobwr48 said:
The other game i play is seeing how many of the bidder ID's on E-bay I recognise .. (starting to learn those ones that aren't the same as peoples user names..)

Thats an important one.

eBay handles, MTBR/RBUK handles, email address/actual names don't always match.

...though...mine do across the board. Go figure. :p

Quality thread. The worst part is most things are true. I'll stick the list on the front page as a warning to newbies when we get to 20.

Back