project 'del boy'

There was a build similar to this were a guy bought some parts (frame, forks etc) for about £200. By the time he'd sold parts, bought others, sold them for mostly profit, he ended up with 2 complete bikes worth over £1000 each. All from £200 :cool:

It was in an article bike mag but I can't remember which one :roll:

:cool: I think I'm going to do something similar, going to build a weight weenie for as little as possible. I keep an eye on this one though :D

here she is!

frame: dmrdirtjumper

forks: oldshool

gearing: orangeally

stem: cyfa2809

tyres: :oops:

front wheel: chris667

rear wheel: stock

pedals: gadro's box of wonder

chainset and brakes: :oops:

cables: stock, robbed of various bikes:LOL:

4501774013_4fed59694b_b.jpg

thats superb mate! cant believe you could do something like that with a small amount :shock: great! ;)

this is my scrap box build,built 6 years ago
paid £15 for the bars and stem ,the frame from a mate who found
it in a skip the rest from the spares box

P1010146.jpg

however it looks like this now
i have recently spent £102 on wheels ,polished stem,and hope q/r's
P1010341.jpg

but i/ve built another one from a frame i got from kaiser for £30

that giant looks nice m8

Hmm, I think these tye of projects should start with 0 parts. IE buy everything for the budget. I think trading stuff that at some point along the line cost you money, and then not counting that expense towards the final bill is cheating. Likewise using stuff you had in stock.

For an extreme example there are many on here (least I hope I am not the only one) who could put all the £75 on a carefuly selected ebay frame, then build the rest up with bling thats sat in the cupboard and claim it only cost you £75 to do...ignoring the fact you previously spent £100 on a ti CK headset that you ended up swapping for a brake cable set.

Love the stem though :cool:

Back