What happens when you give an idiot a sunny day?

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
This.

dscn0046.jpg

I am going to be using this for going to work, shopping trips and the upcoming Toggle Chain Tour.

It would actually shock you how much this bike weighs. But combining its weight with the front basket means I only have to lock it up to show willing. And it isn't that bad a bike, really. Top tube is slightly too long for me, but at least it is honest.

Brakes are provided by drums, a Sachs front and an Arai rear. It goes through a 38/17 singlespeed setup, using a chain lubricated with a mixture of heated parrafin wax and chainsaw oil. No maintenance required, just break the chain and drop it in the slow cooker I have filled with this mixture, turn it on and let the dirt soak out.

Next step is to find a shorter stem in the stupid 21.1mm BMX diameter; don't you love the eccentricity of old Raleighs? It has a 30mm seat tube too. :shock:

Then all I need is a front mudguard.

I'm then going to ride it around for a bit, unless I find another frame I like more in which case it's toast. :LOL:

that looks quite good
find the box on the front strangely alluring :shock:

nice drums :cool:
It really makes a bike look that little bit special :cool:

Not too keen on the plastic basket though :? .Time to nick a shopping basket and get to work on it with some snips.a nice wooden band going round it to hide the cut edges and finish it off

Back