Hell of the North Cotswolds 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
ededwards":t0ujqewz said:
Shame that you can't make it Gus, I'll carry a spare pair of socks and a headset spacer in your honour.

I understand that the route will have signs this year which is great for a lazy map reader such as myself.

The weather forecast looks promising, what are the conditions on the ground like?

Conditions on the ground are superb .... Basking in the sunshine today mowing the golf green and croquet lawn :cool: , Im not saying after 1000 bikes plod through shaded areas it wont get mucky but the forecast from now until after the HONC is pretty damn good I think were in for a blinder with dusty trails :LOL:

Both the routes look exciting with instant climbing up towards Hawling :shock: , The 50k route has plenty of climbing only dropping just over a 1000ft from the 100k route .

Roll on Sunday I say :D

you can call me Gus on sunday if you like ;)

the reason i had said no to this previousley is because for some reason i thought it was a road ride!! :oops: after being put straight and then various tickets coming up i have decided to accept Gus's generous offer of a ticket.

the only thing is i'll need someone to carry my jacket as a fitting tribute to our fallen manflu comrade! :D

so i'll see you all there on the day. :D

Really looking forward to this, last year was fantastic and the weather looks as good as it did last year.

Riding the ti-mega, but i'm unsure which route to attempt as i'm also taking part in a NW&NWA ride the day before. I'd really like to complete the 100k...

Daj, don't forget i owe you a brew!

Is there going to be a retrobike meeting point. We are planning to turn up the night before in the camper- my OH says that several people stopped there overnight last year so we shall chance it.

Got to get a bike ready tomorrow as I have a day off and nothing is fit to ride!

Is there going to be a retrobike meeting point. We are planning to turn up the night before in the camper- my OH says that several people stopped there overnight last year so we shall chance it.

Got to get a bike ready tomorrow as I have a day off and nothing is fit to ride!

Where does eveyone normally meet? I know the area but dont know the HONC set-up, I am pretty interested to see where 1100 riders park there cars :LOL:

Nice one Jon!! :cool:

Oooooowww I forgot me brew!! Look forward to that

I fancy a crack at the 100, but as I'm riding on saturday as well I will probably go for the first half of the 100 (nice n steady), then see how the times going and the legs are feeling at the halfway cake stop, so it may end up being a 75KM ride :twisted:

If there is anywhere selling coffee before the start, thats where I'll be lurking :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back