Hell of the North Cotswolds 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm so looking forward to sleet, snow and gales for HONC. Sleet on the hills today and a biting wind in Ross this evening. Off to the welsh coast for the Easter weekend - lets hope for better!

Anyone got a map of the route? They have GPS files on the website but I couldn't see actual mappage when I looked the other day.

Birdman":ot27otfp said:
Anyone got a map of the route? They have GPS files on the website but I couldn't see actual mappage when I looked the other day.

Save the route to your PC , Go to www.bikehike.co.uk then upload the file ... Daaaaa Daaaahhh the route is infront of your eyes :D

daj":2jdadnmy said:
Birdman":2jdadnmy said:

Save the route to your PC , Go to www.bikehike.co.uk then upload the file ... Daaaaa Daaaahhh the route is infront of your eyes :D

Just tried that, couldn't make it work. :(

stevek":f3aoj1dk said:
daj":f3aoj1dk said:
Birdman":f3aoj1dk said:

Just tried that, couldn't make it work. :(

Go to http://www.honc.org.uk/
Right click on the route you want in gpx
Click on "save target as"
Take note of where it has saved

Now go to http://www.bikehike.co.uk/
Click on course creater on top of site
Click on upload route (middle right of screen under smaller OS map)
Small box will appear click browse and find where you saved the route
Upload route

Should now be in front of you? :? Also once loaded if you click on "show elevation data" you will have the sweat and tears in front of you too :LOL:

Thanks daj, that's what I tried before (on the works PC) and it wouldn't cooperate. Just done the same thing on the home PC and voila! It worked. :D Strange but there you go.

Ta
Steve
:)

Shame that you can't make it Gus, I'll carry a spare pair of socks and a headset spacer in your honour.

I understand that the route will have signs this year which is great for a lazy map reader such as myself.

The weather forecast looks promising, what are the conditions on the ground like?

ededwards":2o40dvyn said:
Shame that you can't make it Gus, I'll carry a spare pair of socks and a headset spacer in your honour.

superb.

if you could get some random to stop and change periodically out of respect that would be good too. :D

Can picture you balling out a poor innocent and ordering them to strip (their socks) by the side of the road. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back