NE&Yorks- 17th April- The Tunnel Ride- EPIC WARNING!

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
INTO THE VOID

NE&YORKS Area would like to invite you on an oldskool epic through the mountains of the Lake District. And when I say through i mean through!

4499042109_0fcb43b665.jpg
4499042105_c998f2e296.jpg

Starting from just outside Ambleside we take a pleasant amble along the river before climbing along some of the Lake Classics- Loughrigg Terrace, Iron Keld and some truely fantastic singletrack. Epic Vistas, tough climbs and long descents will be the order of the day. The highlight has to be Cathedral Quarry where we will dip into the cavern before taking to the tunnel that cuts right through the mountain itself!
Lights would be handy and food will be required, there will be no civilization on this route.

4499042113_905a2dd078_b.jpg

Meeting point is on minor road just off the A593 between Ambleside and Skelwith Bridge. SEE HERE

We depart at 10:30 sharp. Distance is approx 18 miles with bale out options. Terrain is challenging but well within the abilities of your average rider and retro machines. Duration is expected to be 6 hours with plenty of stops to soak in the stunning views.

An absolute classic. Don't miss this one guys and gals!

All welcome, retro or modern. Roll up, Roll up!

Looks like a stunning ride Si but I have no fun passes left (it's the week before the macretro bothy run) and would probably have to bring the whole family camping to make that distance. Might try it in the summer hols though.

So Far

Yes men
Kaya
Simonside
Dr S
Saltyman
Sinnett177
MrSavoury

Possibles
Easy_Rider
Stevek
Toons
Volvo_1980 + 1

Looking like a good turnout. Weather forcast is looking even better!
So Far
Yes men
Kaya
Simonside
Dr S
Saltyman
Sinnett177
Nayfinesse
SteveK + 1
Volvo _1980 + 1
EarlofBarnet
mrlee