kirbdugs saracen tufftrax 1989

kirbdug

Retrobike Rider
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
picked this saracen up from LBS yesterday for the girlfriend to use. the mechs must have been upgraded in the past please correct me if im wrong. overall bike is in pretty good condition

cheers kirbdug :D

Attachments

• pics 128.JPG
    pics 128.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,743
  • pics 129.JPG
    pics 129.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,743
  • pics 130.JPG
    pics 130.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,743
Which LBS is that, just so I can tap them up if they ever get another beauty like this in again :LOL:

Not sure what year, but near identical to my first ever bike, and as such, think I am in love.

Get more photos, it's bringing back some good memories.

bought it from partridge cycles at the bottom of haldon hill exeter. it was the same price as the second hand apollos and other catalogue bikes. it was the xt mechs and dx thumb shifters what made it stand out. will get better pics at the weekend
cheers kirbdug :D

My mate John bought one of these for his son in the very late 80s. You may have seen him out on the trails if you ever ride around Plym Bridge woods. He had all Saracens in the early days but has since moved on to Canondales. I remember it as a rock steady machine.

That looks in very good nick too.

That's an '89, same as my first bike. Mountain LX as stock but with deore thumbies. Are you missing a brake lever cover? I've got a spare you can have if you want?

Now that is a cool bike :cool:

It looks in really good condition, I have been on the look out for an 89 Saracen for a while :roll:

there are few people, actually rephrase........ a lot of people who will have fond memoires of this bike.

Brilliant find :cool:

saracen tufftrax 1989

more pics

Attachments

• kirbys phone pics 194.JPG
    kirbys phone pics 194.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,533
  • kirbys phone pics 195.JPG
    kirbys phone pics 195.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 2,533
  • kirbys phone pics 196.JPG
    kirbys phone pics 196.JPG