hi guys

gaz857

Dirt Disciple
hi guys, just thought i would introduce myself! :cool: i have this awsome beast at the moment. it has mostly origional components. the only bits that aren't are the no-name chainset and the answer pro taper carbon bars. oh and probably the grips and tyres too! rides really well! much better than the 18 month old scott g-zero pro that i swapped for it! man that was a boring bike. i still ride a modern bike mind, a 2006 kona kikapu with marzzochi marathons.

PICT0001-1.jpg

not looking too bad for an 11 year old! not my favourite proflex mind, that would have to be an all shiny polished silver 955 with the big yellow elastomers :LOL: so if anybody has one and fancies a swap/part ex/sale then let me know. even if you just have a worse for wear frame kicking around i would still take it off your hands... it's my all time favourite bike ever :cool: , i remember staring at one in my local bike shop for months :shock:

i'll try and get my dad to post too cos he still has an allsop softride! and used to have a titanium raleigh m-trax with an exage groupset and one piece bull-bars. i believe he still has the yeti rear tyre somewhere!

i used to have a cannondale delta v 1000 from 93 or 94 too. it was old when i got it in 97! silvery grey with black swingarm

Ach, them Proflexes were never much good...........since I feel sorry for ye fer owning one, I'll take that old worn out Spacehopper off yer hands for a nominal sum- ye can start a kitty to get yerself a nice new Trek..........

It'll work one day, I swear it!!.........

Cheers,
Dav

*Oh, and welcome to the forum!

I've got a 955 that is nearing a rideable state, a feat unmanageable when i bought it. Just waiting for some elastomers as mine definatelly were not big and yellow, they were more like play-doh that had been left out of it's pot.
I can't wait - although i don't want to subject it to a mud bath on it's first outing - so maybe i'll have to.

By the way your 857 looks pretty tidy!

Back