JONES Titanium SpaceFrame 23” & Fat Truss (circa 2010)

Love the fat front. Pretty sure Merlin is done building Ti Spaceframes for JJ, lucky you.

He did hint in his blog that he's working on getting another contactor.

Some truing stand JJ has there in the backgrond!!

bbkots_jones8_128.jpg

First off... :shock: ......... :cool: :cool:

Maybe a question of ignorance but.........

Why do all Jones's seem to have layback posts? Are they not all custom built? If they are would the TT not be made longer or am I missing something?

Very cool though :cool:

i always think these look so weird but i got the chance to have a spin on one at the real ale wobble last year, it belonged to sheldon or one of his friends in the "knights of niche", it was so smooth, i'm not sure if i could be happy on that position all the time but i can certainly understand it.

very ccol bike. :cool:

letmetalktomark":8t76a8ky said:
First off... :shock: ......... :cool: :cool:

Maybe a question of ignorance but.........

Why do all Jones's seem to have layback posts? Are they not all custom built? If they are would the TT not be made longer or am I missing something?

Very cool though :cool:

From J. Jones' web site:
The top of the seat tube is not braced by the seat stays and is held by the curved center top tube which allows it to flex back, absorbing trail shock instead of transmitting the shock to the rear wheel (and up the seatstay and then to the seatpost). This along with the long seat post and compliant rear end give a very comfortable shock absorbing ride and feel.
There is a wealth of information on the Jones website,
and
http://jonesbikes.com/bike_design.html#
in ref. to the SPACEFRAME.

^^^^

yep, spot on too, big rubber and layback Ti post softens the ride.

im getting a moots layback soon, new one as i cant find a second hand one anywhere!

Jones bike design

The logic behind the Jones Spaceframe design really appealed to me, enough to sell up some great bikes to get one. Fortunately they perform just as described on the website which made a nice change to the slick marketing BS you read so much. I've got suckered in wanting to believe only to be left dissappointed, not this time though!

Attachments

• mini-jones.JPG
    mini-jones.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 1,836
:cool: , what saddle is that :shock:

stunning bikes, im making way for one to arrive soon as i see one for sale......or he finally gets a new contractor in.

The saddle is a Proust 3.3, it swivels to counter any initial tendancy to fall forward. The theory behind it is sound although hard to describe, for me it was worth trying as I had different problems with lower back and knees. the seat took me a long time to get used to but was worth it.

Back