JONES Titanium SpaceFrame 23” & Fat Truss (circa 2010)

mbkot

Dirt Disciple
JONES Titanium SpaceFrame 23” & Fat Truss (circa 2010)

The last bike I bought back in 1992, which I still have and use, was Merlin Ti Mountain. So after realizing that time has come for a new bike (few reasons), I started looking. I wanted something special, something different, something I would keep for a long time. It was an interesting trip that brought me a full circle. I started with only two prerequisites: it must be a mountain bike, and it must be in Titanium. Builders were contacted, some discussions, some emails, and some confusion. As time passed, some desires, priorities and specs changed, things were added such as - 29”/rigid/ss option, EBB, fat tire, and others let go - soft tail, belt drive, speed hubs (Rohloff or Alfine), sliding dropouts, integrated items for the sake of looks.
Even as I was going though different Ti fabricators, I sped through Jeff Jones' website, as he speeds through the woods on his strange creation - the Spaceframe, without giving it much thought. But after going through a few of the top Ti builders, I came back to that same Jones’ website, and started to take a closer look at the Spaceframe.
Jeff Jones’ concept and philosophy made sense, and the more I was reading about it, the more I was realizing that this is the bike that I want.
For those who want to learn more about the JONES bikes: jonesbikesdotcom (I must have 5 posts before I can post URL's/Links-I only have 4).
The rest was easy, and this is the result :D :

PS. Wanted to post more pics, but did not figure out how to.... :?

Attachments

• truss fork1.JPG
    truss fork1.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 6,200
  • bbkots jones2.jpg
    bbkots jones2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 6,199
  • bbkots jones3.jpg
    bbkots jones3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 6,199
  • bbkots jones4.jpg
    bbkots jones4.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 6,200
been looking at these myself, im interested in buying either one of these or a dekerf titanium as my high end special bike.

whats you thoughts so far?

JONES Titanium SpaceFrame 23” & Fat Truss (circa 2010)-p

Guess this is one way :)

Attachments

• bbkots jones5.jpg
    bbkots jones5.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 6,180
  • bbkots jones6.jpg
    bbkots jones6.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 6,180
  • bbkots jones7.jpg
    bbkots jones7.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 6,180
  • bbkots jones8.jpg
    bbkots jones8.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 6,180
JONES Titanium SpaceFrame 23” & Fat Truss (circa 2010)-p

More pics of the JONES on Fat

Attachments

• bbkots jones10.jpg
    bbkots jones10.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 6,176
  • bbkots jones11.jpg
    bbkots jones11.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 6,176
  • bbkots jones12.jpg
    bbkots jones12.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 6,176
  • bbkots jones13.jpg
    bbkots jones13.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 6,177
it makes so much sense......wierd to look at but perfect for me. some folk hate it, others love it too.

i think its superb and so comfortable.

clunker":3tdwscrw said:
Cool :cool: I am in coversation with Jeff at the moment only a recent inheritance has help me fund.

let me know how you get on bud. would like to know what im getting myself in for.....

Back