Stumpjumper build - colour choice - what is your favourite?

Thanks for all your comments :)

So far we have:

Red (5)
Mango (3)
Green (3)
Original Purple (3)
White (1)
Champagne (1)
St Andrew's Cross (1)
Miami Vice (1)
Gulf (1)

Kaiser - gracious of you to vote green given my original plan was an homage to your white build. I will be using the forks and brakes whatever colour it ends up being :)

Grannygrinder - Jango's is a 97 S-Works M2 in Mango. I agree with you about this colour - it shouldn't work but it does :)

Chaser - the frame was badly knackered so needed a respray - though it did look a good colour in the metal. Although I could have restored it I just fancy a different colour I guess :)

I've added the 1988 range to the image link - only missing 1989 and 2001 now between 1988 and 2002 :)

Any more colour thoughts anyone?

Cheers,

Fred

red HAS to on there somewhere.

SO…
Red with ??? lettering (maybe white, black, yellow?)
White with Red lettering
Black with Red lettering

:LOL:

Classic Spesh has to be Red with White Decals, although the black (purple in certain lights) with red decals is clever :cool:

what a coincidence......

..just registered on this site and have found this thread especially useful-I think we have the same frame-Im about to spray mine up too, I was going to go for Pearl White, with just the 'S' logo left as a decal-probably in a graphite colour, keep it simple and clean
ps just to clarify is this frame definitely a '92?

Attachments

• stumpy.JPG
    stumpy.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 863
More votes for red with white lettering :)

It is a classic look but I still love the Mango or Dew Green. Any one with these colours have a view - do you still love the colours or do you wish you had red?

firestaffman welcome to the forum. Lots of very helpful people on here :)

Although from the photo your frame looks a little lighter in colour than mine, I think it is the same - which would make it a 1992:

http://gallery.me.com/fredbrownprivate# ... olor=black

There was a purple / black fade in 1993 but the decals were yellow - yours are red like mine :)

I like the sound of your colour scheme - very restrained :) Post up some piccies as you go...

Last Exit":24dtz83h said:
Thanks for all your comments :)

So far we have:

Red (5)
Mango (3)
Green (3)
Original Purple (3)
White (1)
Champagne (1)
St Andrew's Cross (1)
Miami Vice (1)
Gulf (1)

Kaiser - gracious of you to vote green given my original plan was an
homage to your white build. I will be using the forks and brakes whatever
colour it ends up being :)

Yes Last Exit, I can tell it needs a respray, I just meant respray in original scheme, it's a really great heritage colour. Looking forwardto seeing the progress on this one.
Cheers,
Chaser.

Grannygrinder - Jango's is a 97 S-Works M2 in Mango. I agree with you about this colour - it shouldn't work but it does :)

Chaser - the frame was badly knackered so needed a respray - though it did look a good colour in the metal. Although I could have restored it I just fancy a different colour I guess :)

I've added the 1988 range to the image link - only missing 1989 and 2001 now between 1988 and 2002 :)

Any more colour thoughts anyone?

Cheers,

Fred

Didn't they come in black? or got the wrong bike? Mango looks nice

Back