Classic Old School Trade teams

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Seeing the fact Astana are sponsored by 'Khazakstan Railways' got me thinking about other cool/bizaare old school sponsors.

Think my favourite has to be 'Ton Ton Tapis'

Perard_William.jpg

A few others I used to like, either because of having a cool kit or riders

Z
Carrera
7-Eleven
TVM

A few more:

La Vie Claire
Molteni
PDM
Hitatchi
Panasonic

And ONCE as a bizarre sponsor (what were they thinking of?) perhaps rivalling Phonak in that department (although look how it's turned out for Phonak, consecutive team leaders who win and then run into 'problems').

I thought ONCE was ace- 'specially their black tour jerseys.....remember too catching a programme about the chap who started it- made no mention of the bike team, though.
Also thought Chateau D'ax gear was good.

This years Bizzaro has to be Predictor Lotto..............the final winner of this year's tour will have a positive urine sample- no EPO, No HgH, but Due in early March............

Cheers,
Dav

I always liked Motorola (nice kit and v. cool D/A equipped Eddy Merckx Corsa Extras in Red/White/Blue)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ONCE

I agree. I was always a Zulle(?) fan. A pro who crashes as often as me! Couldn't ever get out of my mind my first impression that the logo looked a bit like a guy taking a leak!

Heh- ONCE is a charity lottery for the blind- I suppose the cane does look a bit like micturation on the logo bloke!!

I was once mistaken for Alex Zulle............no, honest!! I wear Bolles with the prescrip insert, and was wearing my ONCE jersey at the Leeds Classic- riding into the centre, I stopped to get directions...........they must have failed notice I was on a proflex.......and thought my Jock accent sounded German (that's happened more than once!).

Honest! It really happened........

Cheers,
Dav

I'm always quite shocked that one of the big US Tours (California?) is sponsored by Amgen. Their most famous product? Yep, EPO.

Back