1998 Prototype Intense Tazer HT

JustinW

Dirt Disciple
This frame was one of only 9 produced. Later the frame went into production but looked different. Not very many of these were produced but this frame still rails. The only downside now is that it is difficult to find a fork that still gives this frame great geometry. It needs an 80mm fork or a 100mm fork with a good deal of built in sag and a really progressive spring curve. A stiffer fork compliments this frames super sharp and responsive handling. A squishy fork just makes it feel sluggish and sloppy.

In 2000 this bike was in the back of my truck in tie downs when I was hit at high speed by a driver not paying attention as I was getting ready to go into Laguna Seca for the Sea Otter Classic. Intense had their custom painter repaint it original colors, but he inverted the color scheme. I didn't bother having it redone because it just makes it all the more unique and this newer scheme was also done on a few of the team bikes.

Attachments

• Tazernewpaint.jpg
    Tazernewpaint.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,574
Ah, yes. The first production ones didn't have the seat tube come through and join the main frame, did they? Then they changed the frame again a couple of years later to the one that I have now. Mind you, the '10 HT looks quite sweet!

Back