• Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defiant":3mkxij18 said:
Hi
I am Bas and i think i have a problem

your not new ? you replied in the wrong section ? or you really have a problem ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

best newbie thread i've read was > hi , i'm new , abuse me ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hi, I've been on here for about a month now!

I wanted to get some retro bits for my Ritchey-alike project but now I have a Bontrager Privateer (green and black) and a serious Bontrager parts addiction!

I will have pics of my project up soon, it is Retro but not dogmatic retro. Keith Bontrager is one of my heroes so in the spirit of his thinking, if there have been great advances in technology, then I'm gonna use them!

I'll be using brand new tyres, Bontrager branded, of course! But old rims, I have a pair of NOS MA40s to go on some Bontrager pawprint hubs.

I will be using SRAM 1:1 9 speed drivetrain (with full outer cable to rear derailleur) as I think it's the best setup since indexing was invented!

This is no garage queen, this is my daily ride and will tackle anything up to a certain level of gnarlyness - after that my Yeti 575 takes over!

Hello! I'm an ex-road racer / XCer, getting back into riding after about 6 years off. Fortunately didn't quite sell off all my kit, so I'm rebuilding my Giant TCR and Cannondale F1000SL... and hoping to bring another CAAD3 Headshok frameset back from the dead.

I'm also an aircraft Non-Destructive Testing Technician, so I can find out if things have faults, even if they can't be seen. ;)

Likes: Campagnolo Record, Shimano XTR, Fender guitars, functional design, Manchester, political satire, Guided By Voices, the weather...

Dislikes: Modern bike shops, granny rings, full suspension, marketing bullsh1t, Cambridge, political reality, Nickelback, the weather...

Hi every one.

I am From Quebec, I ride since 1992. I used to race in Provincial and National campionship betwen 93-99. For some reasons. I stop biking. Sadly. I used to Sold my bike a Specialized M2 S work team 95 full XTR, Judy SL... And a Symbiosis (wich you could see in 98+bikes) Now i back since 4 years. And i finally rebuild me Symbiosis last year!

It's nice to see that so many people share a pasion for old school bikes.

Nice forum, keep going.

See you.

Ha haaa! Managed to get ny log in working (My fault) so I thought I'd better say hello! :)

Just got my hands on a '91 Cinder Cone to build up, very similar to the one I bought new in '91, to be fair.

Yes, I'm the same PP as on STW in case you wondered. :D

Hi there!

I have read the forum for a while and I think time has come for a lil' introduction.

I have ridden MTBs for ages but with a difference : I gave up gears, shifters and all those stuff from the very beginning, that is about 20years ago... :mrgreen:

One of my hobbies is converting friends to single-speed MTBing, and in turn, converting their bikes into full-rigid SS MTBs!

My secret plan is to see all the guys on the Tour de France ride single-speed steel bikes that were handmade in the good ol' times when competitors still had red wine and sandwiches to recover from their efforts.
I know that project will take some time but I am a positive person. :LOL:

I don't like high-tech at all : full suspension, hydraulics, electronics... aren't my cup of tea (though I do prefer coffee, BTW).

At the moment, I own 3 bikes.

A DB Fuji Cromo steel Sunn with straight rigid Fuji BD Sunn forks. 42*18/19 SS and slick tires for commuting and fast rolling XC (42*20). It has a rats looks as it had had a top-racer's life before we met, and I got rid of some of the decals in order to keep it non-appealing to bike thieves.
A sub 9.8kg animal, though I have never tried to cut weigh down - well, not yet. Amazing ride. Pure pleasure on single tracks.

A non-quite-vintage Q-Bikes GoldFinger. I ride it with fat tires when I want to play. Single speed (32*16/17) with Sunn rigid forks (DB Fuji Cromo).
It is also my girlfriend's bike (she has her own seatpost & saddle combo, for that girly feel) with slick tires when we go for a ride on Sunny days along the river.

A Canondale M800 Beast of the East I got when I lived in Northern Ireland about 15 years ago.

The workshop is always full of stuff : at the moment, I am building the 'Dale again, as well as another SS bike for my brother and a vintage SS road bike based on a 70's racer.

My dream bike ?

Definitely a high-end handmade steel MTB, or a Titanium bike (Kona or Sunn, maybe...).

But single-speed and full rigid - of course.

I guess that's it folks,

Cheers,

Rémy
;)

Hi

Venturing into the bike world second time around after the whole family/child/dog/cat senario.

My first and most beautiful bike was a Kuahara aka 'The flying bedstead'. Was dutifully ridden, carried (yep all 3 stone of it) and battered up and down hills round N Wales (sorry...just been informed with disgust that they 'arent hills theyre mountains! :roll: )and any spot with a bump in the north of England!

Relocated to the flatlands of the South and bought a Rockhopper...then said family and lack of hills saw it sat in the gararge gathering dust.

However have been revitalised by my daughter saying 'mum I NEED TO LEARN TO RIDE A BIKE! (at that volume indeed!)...soooo oiked Rocky out...just too big thankfully! and started hunting a bike out for her...which was found and needed the bearings replacing, tarting uping, etc....which has now lead to the rediscovery of the silence of a garage and the joy of gentle tinkering surrounded by the whiff of bike lube.
:cool:

So here I am...hunting round retro forums with the fingers itching to start a lil project to save my daughter's bike from being taken apart reassembled taken apart....you get the piccie!

Oh!
The Rockhopper STILL rides like a dream after being coaxed back from creaking stagnation.

but

I hanker and have always hankered after my very own 'Orange' so I suspect that may be my project of preference!

Also I hate grip shifts with a vengeance and am finding the shapes of some of the full suspension bikes a lil suspect!

Sooo hello all!

hi retro folks, cant believe this site exists and i never knew about it! read the artical in mbr and knew i had to join up. what a great resource.
:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back