Stumpjumper build - colour choice - what is your favourite?

The 1990 white with the red decals. A mate had one BITD. It was a seriously CAPABLE and DESIRABLE machine. If my Krakoram was off the road and he was in a good mood, he'd let me borrow it occasionally. </reminiscence mode off>.

Colour

I dont know, S Works red for sure but Stumpies can be what ever you desire ;)
Di Nucci green :cool: :cool:
95 Champagne :cool:
Mango :cool: :cool:

Hell, blue, white, black.....they're all cool :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(ps: I might be biased)

Jamie

Whatever colour Jango's is. I think its Mango, sort of mustard/apricot colour. Shouldn't look good, but it does :D

Re: Stumpjumper build - colour choice - what is your favouri

Last Exit":6uwt4omx said:
As some of you know, I set out on a build of an homage to Kaiser's beautiful white Stumpy a month ago. My frame is at the powder coaters and so it is make my mind up time on the colour :)

To help make my choice I put this webpage together - mostly from decent scans of brochures I own; some from the PDFs on this forum. I am only missing 2001 - otherwise complete for Stumpys (and a few S-Works) between 1990 and 2002.

Although I still really admire Kaiser's white build I do love the 1997 S-Works Dew Green and Mango colours - so I wondered what colours anyone else likes?

http://gallery.me.com/fredbrownprivate/100204

(Where I have come across a great example of a real bike I have included it and credited the owner - if any owners would prefer their bikes not to be included please just let me know).

Cheers,

Fred

PS Apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong place :)

Why not stick with the original colour scheme? I really love that combo.

Chaser.

I remember seeing a stumpy with a gulf racing colour scheme, I really like that.

here it is... not the best pic though... year 2000 m2

3084752625_5d8d624f0a_b.jpg

Keep it original, that is actually a nice colour and set off quite unusually by the red decals, not what I would have chosen to go with purple, but for some reason it works, and I have never seen one in that colour scheme on here, red is so over done!

Back