1998 Symbiosis (Columbus MAX OR)

lapinGTI

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I think it's time to show you my bike.

Symbiosis is a small Quebec builder. I raced for them back in 1998. The frame is custom made for me, it's a steel frame; Columbus MAX OR ovalized oriented tubing.

The only original parts (from the first built is the seat post wich is stuck in the frame... But it's no big deal as i havend grown since then:p) Sadly i used to sold all the bikes part in the past... For some reasons...

It's not that retro apart from the frame. I rebuilt it last year with a budget of about 1500 euro. So there some compromise i had to make. Plus the fack that i want to ride it, and most likely race it after 12 years off.

It weight about 22,5 lbs. Wich is preaty close to it's original weight.

By the way, look at the marvelous jersey.

Thank for looking.

Here come the pictures:

a027.jpg

By lapingti

a024j.jpg

By lapingti

a014b.jpg

By lapingti

a013pg.jpg

By lapingti

a012v.jpg

By lapingti

picture013xol.jpg

By lapingti

thank you for looking.

New paint, some dent repaired (filled brass), and finally the seat post is out! unfurtunatlly syncros 27,0mm seat post are kind of rare... in fact 27,0mm seat posts aren't standard.

The sticker aren't exactly the same, they haven't been stretch, but i think i prefer this new look. tomorow we expect sun and about 12 degre celcius, hot enough for the first real ride, unfortunatly it will be on the road.

hpim2221.jpg

By lapingti at 2011-03-16

hpim2248.jpg

hpim2230.jpg

hpim2235q.jpg

hpim2241.jpg

Looking good! Great to see something unique. Liking the Joe Breezer style drop-outs, I've got those on my new frame. :)

I know they breed them tough in Canada but to give you a team uniform consisting of just a Jersey and 1 moccasin*, thats harsh in any language :LOL: :LOL:

* Please excuse spelling :oops:

haha :p the mocassin is propriety of my dad. They were a really small builder, with a team of about 10 riders mountain bike, road, triathlon included. I basicaly agree a deal with them because i wanted some thing local. I could have baught a trek OCLV at pro deal. i would have been lighter, but i chose the symbiosis for the unique touch.

There must be less than 30 symbiosis Ronîn (this is the columbus max or frame name) Mine got the symbiosis on both top and down tube as it's a racer bike.

the compagnie doesn't existe any more... just like Balfa another small quebec builder, you may have heard of nouveau riche (new rich) downhill bike,

here the:

http://www.balfa.wooyek.pl/balfa-wooly- ... um-nr.html

Balfa too was an option but hey are really more into downhill than cross country.

enjoy

Back