A knock at the door...

The object of my desires circa 1988 (along with that blonde girl in the 5th year that always had the short skirt), and it's now on the tip. Such a shame. I wonder what that girls doing these days too?

What do you plan to do with it?

Oh, that's opened up a few old wounds. When I started cycling, two of my mates had those bikes and they used to leave me for dead :LOL:

Good luck with the rebuild!

brings back my youth, i sold loads of them i used to recomend them to my customers cos we had shed loads.them and the peugeot anc,it will make a cool fixie.

Old Ned":2uv1suo0 said:
That looks like one of the smaller sizes they made in that model :twisted: :roll:

I've never seen a small one!! They're all huge.

yeah, what was up with the sizing on mass market pipe ten speeds? i got given a huge peugeot as a kid, maybe the bike shop staff used to tell parents to buy the biggest frame possible.... "he'll grow into it".

for maximum effect, these bikes should be ridden with the saddle just above the top tube, and the bars through 180 degrees for that postman position :D

pogle":36caw4uh said:
it will make a cool fixie.
It'll make a fixie after a bit of file work to that short drive-side dropout. It'll never make a cool one.

I put tens of thousands of miles on one of these (the next size down though) - first with derailleurs, then fixed, then singlespeed, and finally with a Sturmey AW. In hindsight, a better frame might have justified all the effort.

This might make somebody a reasonable hack or runabout, but a strong or heavy rider will want a stiffer frame, especially in this size.

Back