The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon chaps. Will be putting the Raleigh Dynatech frame I've got up for sale soon as I've pinched all the bits off it I want. I believe it's a 1992 Ogre MT4 frame, the one with Ti main tubes and chain stays. I'm in the process of stripping the paint so it'll be sold ready for repainting. Included in the sale will be a working headset and tatty (but seem to work) set of air Rockshox. Frame it's self has only a few marks and no dents.

Will also be selling a USE bar/barend combo. Straight and dent free but the finish is a little dull.

Any help on fair pricing will be great and stop me guessing! ;) :LOL:

brocklanders023":2wpgweuj said:
Afternoon chaps. Will be putting the Raleigh Dynatech frame I've got up for sale soon as I've pinched all the bits off it I want. I believe it's a 1992 Ogre MT4 frame, the one with Ti main tubes and chain stays. I'm in the process of stripping the paint so it'll be sold ready for repainting. Included in the sale will be a working headset and tatty (but seem to work) set of air Rockshox. Frame it's self has only a few marks and no dents.

Will also be selling a USE bar/barend combo. Straight and dent free but the finish is a little dull.

Any help on fair pricing will be great and stop me guessing! ;) :LOL:

Hi,

Is that the yellow frame on the Dyna Tech Thread.. complete with XTR?

I'd like to see some pics of it when your ready to sell..
thanks,
k :D

Hello Ogre. Yep, same one. Just finishing the frame off so should be in the fs section this week ;)

The XTR bits are gonna look ace on my Orange Elite build. :D

Anyone any idea of a fair price for the bits listed above?

almost complete Mountain LX groupset?

I have spare all of a Mountain LX groupset comprising of combined shifters/ brake levers

f&r mechs

chainset

and the cantilevers

any ideas? Or should I just bung it in the FS section and hope for the best...

Found this in the pile while looking for a stem for my SS. It's of no use to me, as my roadies are all threaded/quill, but the horder instinct is strong in this one, and it ended up in the bag. I've seen them on fleabay, but never paid any attention to the going prices. Any guesses at their worth?

90mm 26.0 dia. 1" Ahead Cinelli Grammo.

grammo.jpg

Mavic Headset

mavic.jpg

Mavic headset removed from Marin Ti a long time ago. Never actually used by me. Bearing cage split, but could be stuck together - almost clips back in place.

No use to me, but not sure it is of use to anyone....
Rather not Ebay, fees are high, and someone here may actually want it.
Sell, bin or horde??

1994 Custom Made Doug Bradbury Manitou FS DH Mountain Bike

I have a Doug Bradbury Manitou FS DH bike which I believe was built in 1994 that I will want to list on eBay. Before doing so I would like an opinion on what I should start the listing at and what could I expect to get for it. It is in excellent conditon and I will attempt to attach some pictures. I understand that this bike is one of a kind and could be considered a collector’s item and that during the days that Doug Bradbury custom made these bikes, the frames alone sold for as much as $3,500.00. I will provide additional info on bike details if needed.

Currently there is a MTB Tomac 98 Special by Doug Bradbury USA listed on eBay out of Germany with a starting price of $2,295.00. Don’t beleive that this is a comparable bike to mine but it is nonetheless a Doug Bradbury bike.

Any advice you could give me as to pricing this bike for an eBay listing and what you think I could get for the bike would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• Manitou FS DH 009.jpg
    Manitou FS DH 009.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 2,690
  • Manitou FS DH 010.jpg
    Manitou FS DH 010.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 2,690
  • Manitou FS DH 015.jpg
    Manitou FS DH 015.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 2,690
Checked frame and there are no cracks at any of the welds, however, there are two 1/8" cracks that run vertically from where the headset is attached to the vertical part of the frame but these two cracks located at 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock stop at where the weld is. Let me know if this is considered a major problem. Also, let me know where else i should look for cracks. I have attached a pic but it is rather hard to see the cracks, I would need a better camera and lens.

Attachments

• Cracks 001.jpg
    Cracks 001.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,671
Cracks? yep, sounds like a manitou

they can be sorted as someone on this forum had some headset ring pressed over the offending areas.

look to the bottom bracket area as well and maybe the seat tube.

nice looking manitou all the same.

price? that's hard to say. it depends what people want to pay.

a mint Manitou 3 frs went for £500 or so. no cracks, inc. forks, manitou stem, ringle post, answer bar.

a DH is harder to come by so put it up for whatever you want on ebay with the option for people to put in offers and see what happens. germans seem to love manitous, gt thermoplastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back