Paying it forward works, aparently

FMJ

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My motorcycle forum has a pay it forward (karma) thread. A few weeks ago I put up a pair of boots that were a few years old but still in good shape. They went to a good home and a happy rider. Fast forward to Yesterday - I posted in the road report section of a radar trap on one of the twisty roads by my house after passing by the copper on my Bottecchia (I was below the posted limit). One of my friends posted that it was a lucky day not getting a ticket, so I posted a pic of my bike as a joke, saying no yellow card for me today. Another guy quoted the post and replied, "wow, time warp". I posted that I'm into restoring and riding retro bikes, and he PM'd me out of the blue. Seems he used to be a tech, rides a vintage Rossin SLX, and has an early 90s Pinarello Cronos TT he never got along with. He offered to give it to me provided I'd give it a good home. No pics, but I know it's Columbus SL and needs a new front (650c) wheel. We work fairly close to each other (5 miles) and are meeting after work. Should be an interesting day. I guess it does come around, after all.

I'll post pics once I get it in the stand in the workshop.

Thats cool.

Does make you wonder how how many lovely old bikes are sitting under covers in garages and sheds.

That is wonderful! Looking forward to seeing it. A mate of mine gave me :shock: his old Moots stem a few years back since he had no use for it in similar fashion to this. Got to love it when things just go right. :D

Finally got around to taking a pic. Been rather busy the last week or so. Needs brakes, tape, and a 700/650 wheelset, but it's pretty much all there.

gar3.jpg

Beautiful, very lucky! Look forward to seeing it complete.

Out of interest does the 'pay it forward' work any differently to the karma system we have here?

Back