Just bought a really silly bike.

Ah so it did have the mutha of wheels and tyres then!
Did i win a prize? (2nd hand mud or used rain water seem a good choice at the moment)

ps i've got a Karate Monkey from the Surly stable and absolutely love it! :D

Remember this Jez?

Silly bike that I sometime's rode to school on...

Not a picture of my actual bike as that's at home and I'm at work - but identical none-the-less:

Yep, headset either end! The two springs stop the rear end swinging fully around, but you can get the back wheel up front parallel with the front one and can push it out pretty far if you twist sidewards on the bike and push the relevant leg below and under the frame through to the other side.

It takes a bit of getting used to but is really quick to ride when you get the hang of it as you can go into and through corners at full speed...

You can also lock-out the spring so it's a rigid frame - but where's the fun in that?

Was ace riding to school though - if there was anyone walkin in who I wasn't best fond of I used to pull the front wheel onto the pavement whilst keepin the rear on the road and hit em when riding past before swinging it back down and onto the road - constant traction maintained, but with a nice bash to the calfs of the victim...

Wahaaaa haaa!

Back