1991 GT Quatrefoil DX Tandem

Well, where do I start :LOL:

I have been for a blast with my Brother this avo and must say its the funniest thing I have ever done, we are still laughing now, I have never ridden tandem before and being on the back is so so strange. After 20 mins of negotiating corners working out braking distances we got the hang of it. We took it to a local trail and did some offroading :shock: . We encountered hairpin bends, sludgey mud and even a downhill section that I will never forget, we did also get plenty of wheelspin and can get the rear u brake to lock the back wheel :razz: I just wish there was someone about to get a pic of both of us on it, I did give it a go solo which again was funny,

Bike is in a right old state now and U brake is clogged to the max.

I would happily say that riding an MTB tandem offraod must be easiliy in the top 100 things to do before you snuff it ................ :cool:

Nov2009034.jpg

Nov2009038.jpg

Nov2009040.jpg

Nov2009041.jpg

Nov2009043.jpg

Enjoy - I have two Dawes MTB tandems as family fun. With Maguras they stop brilliantly, and you can even get the rear to work... :shock:

700D is a new one on me!

Beware on forks - tandems usually have more rake on the forks to make steering more neutral - it's not pleasant for the thing to hurl itself at the nearest ditch just because the stoker wriggles. :shock:

Have had 10 mins tweaking time and fitted a much needed Magura up front. It has made the breaking less scary than before :LOL:

I have had my Dad (Gaff) bending my ear for ages to go for a spin since he had his hip-op so as the sun was out went for a quick rip :cool:

I will have to give this thing a full strip and clean ready for the summer when I get some time and space ;) as the paintwork on this is stunning.

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

014-3.jpg

015-1.jpg

cce":3lq5xn2s said:
ere mate....

<local>
cn i az a go on yer boik?
</local>

Yer ! You bin on they apples or what :LOL:

You must be drunk !, You have actually asked for a go on a GT :shock:

You are more than welcome to go on the old beast :D, No skidz though :LOL: