Poor poor Cannondale.

Synthesis

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just got a Cannondale SC800 frame for free.... The thing is this bike has been destroyed by someone jumping on it! I will post pics. on request, did not due to graphic content. however the group on it is Shimano 600EX (RD 6400), Mavic aero bar (bull horn) Campagnolo Omega Strada Hardox rims and Mavic Hubs.

I wonder if there is any way I can clean the most of the rust of the Shimano group? Everything works fine, the rims are true and fine. So I would love some tips on how to clean the group up, Thanks.

Shimano003.jpg

Shimano002.jpg

Shimano001.jpg

Your photos highlight the reason why I ditched Shimano about 15 years ago - the use of poorly finished parts which would corrode and rust. Your parts have a degree of road rash which is almost impossible to rectify. You should find that modern screws and adjusters will fit your mech rather than trying to restore them.

you can get rid of that road rash if you dont mind losing a bit of metal and polishing it all up.i have restored a couple of mechs this way

Thanks guys, and yes I would all so take Campagnolo over shimano any day, but no one has yet given that for free ;)

I did a search on Ebay, and found that this group is not that high in price, so i think i will mount what i have, and replace it as I find NOS replacement.

Back