2010 Cotic Soul Mark 2!

Thorpie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Following on from my Road Traffic Collision on my Soul, here is the second incarnation! Now equipped with Fox F120 RLC QR15 Forks, Hope Pro 2 hubs on DT Swiss XR400 rims and new EA70 handle bar.

Trevor.

Attachments

• 2010 Cotic Soul Mark 2! 004 (Small).jpg
    2010 Cotic Soul Mark 2! 004 (Small).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 10,515
  • 2010 Cotic Soul Mark 2! 008 (Small).jpg
    2010 Cotic Soul Mark 2! 008 (Small).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 10,514
  • 2010 Cotic Soul Mark 2! 012 (Small).jpg
    2010 Cotic Soul Mark 2! 012 (Small).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 10,514
  • 2010 Cotic Soul Mark 2! 001 (Small).jpg
    2010 Cotic Soul Mark 2! 001 (Small).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 10,514
Very nice

Particularly liking the bolt through forks....bet they track well

Neil G":3akch5ir said:
Very nice

Particularly liking the bolt through forks....bet they track well

Very impressed so far Neil and I haven't even had a chance to try them off road yet. They certainly feel alot more sure footed and solid than 9mm QR's.

Trevor.

Definately like to try bolt through as it makes sense really, wouldn't be fussed about weight either as I reckon the added rigidity would just make the bike more sure footed downhill!

Is Cotic replacing the frame free of charge on the warranty?

jfmanchester":10juucdm said:
How big's the Nobby Nic at the back? Does the Mk2 have clearance for a 2.4
The Nobby Nic's are 2.25's you could probably just about fit .4's in but might be tight. Neil the insurance company have paid for a new frame as Cotic said this one would not now be covered under warranty after my bump. Trevor.

Sounds fair, I take it your going to keep this one...build up into a commuter or SS?

I think these Cotics are one of my fave modern bikes, sort of verging on being quite burly if need be which I reckon is the way to go...from teh nature of MTB can't really see the point in fragile carbon fibre and uber expensive parts!

Neil G":1qa58a1p said:
Sounds fair, I take it your going to keep this one...build up into a commuter or SS?

I think these Cotics are one of my fave modern bikes, sort of verging on being quite burly if need be which I reckon is the way to go...from teh nature of MTB can't really see the point in fragile carbon fibre and uber expensive parts!

I am going to move this frame on I think Neil when I get the replacement, looking at getting a Cotic Roadrat for commuting duties when the cycle to work scheme comes back at our gaff.

I agree with what you say about modern bikes, Cotic have been able to stick to what looks like a 'traditional' steel bike but is more than capable of keeping up with full sussers and long travel bikes. When looking around there isn't much comparison really when it comes to long travel forks, Genesis(Altitude), Cove(Handjob), Orange(P7) and Sanderson(Life) come close and the rest seem to be more aimed at XC duties with 100mm forks.

Trevor.

Back