Thetford mini-meet March 28th & *** AFTERMATH ***

so how did it go guys? i aint clocked in here for ages, i was out with trog in north norfolk at the weekend but its always good to hear how it went

L8 starter":2b3uh43i said:
so how did it go guys?

It was a good but very tiring ride. We started on the Brandon side as usuall and then headed over the other for the the Red Route. Don't know where the time went but we didn't finish the ride until 4pm. I honestly thought they had not adjusted the clocks in the cafe when we got back. I had a series of mechanicals which were very frustrating for me and we even lost track of where we were at one point on the morning ride. Civilisation was found eventually. How was Sri Lanka?

Eleven of us set out at about 11am covering the trails on the Brandon side of the woods, and kept together as a group riding at a steady pace.

Lewis, probably the lightest rider, had an off when he rode a berm which totally gave way. :shock:

The other notable off has been mentioned above, and almost filmed, when REKIBorter somehow managed a dismount leaving the bike proped upside-down on it's bars and saddle.

As Thetford rides tend to go, we returned to the cafe for Tea, cake/lunch/smutty gossip, and then rode the High Lodge side, covering the Red route including loops.

The trails we used were mostly in good condition. Very little wet, and some fast bits on the Red route where they had laid compacted stone. There was one short section that was cut up to the tree roots, which was nasty, but I can not remember where that was.

REKIBorter":14zy0sdd said:
How was Sri Lanka?

hot and humid tho it did have its good moments. lol. the wedding was extraordinary, drummers, dancers, rice on the beach, lobster dinner etc. my best time was escaping to the hills where it was a bit cooler. i did do some riding tho not much, defo on a retro bike tho!

eeeek someone else from the dreaded hilly norwich.me gorleston btw.always down the seafront on the sannie having a coffee watching the sealions.

gibbleking":3pttshem said:
the dreaded hilly norwich.

wot no hills??

check out last sundays ride then, theres a few hills not too far from home!

this was an awesome ride with TROG up on the north norfolk coast last sunday

Attachments

• 4472954041_6eb787b743.jpg
    4472954041_6eb787b743.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 281
north norfolks abroad boi.....
just kidding (spent 15 years in the fatherland me)
i do like the hill near the prison.rode the san andreas down that at 5kph plus once(never again)

oh! wheres my attachment gone? ill try again, the critical bit being the 1,791' of climb :)

Attachments

• 4472954041_6eb787b743.jpg
    4472954041_6eb787b743.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 272
youve been going up and down the lift in jarrolds havent you...come on admit it...
there is a weird mound near sheringham that looks like fun to climb.its right on the seafront....frikkin great big thing..... :cool:

this is so weird. i add an attachment, which is an image of GPS data, preview it and it looks fine, post it and it looks fine then when i come back to the site it aint there!! oh well, shucks anyway, i give up,........yeah, you got it, up and down the lift only it was st andrews car park not jarrolds!! lol

Back