1995 M800 Cannondale Beast of the East

neilll":2jpge8br said:
Nice BoTE
Does it ride as 'lively' as it looks?

I think it handles pretty well for the rocky rooty single track here in Michigan. The slight relaxation in the head tube with the shock didn't seem to make it sluggish or anything. I can still whip it around tight turns in the woods.

I can climb seated most of the time (which is good since I have a prosthetic leg and can climb standing so well) and the front end is light enough to pop up over rocks and logs and stuff.

GoldenEraMTB":2jpge8br said:
cool beast...I like the barends, especially wrapped the way you have it. People laugh at me for wrapping my ends, but it just feels right.

Thanks

I've always done that to my bar ends -- keeps my hands in place.

Why would people laugh? Is old school or something?

J_Westy":a1fe31z4 said:
GoldenEraMTB":a1fe31z4 said:
cool beast...I like the barends, especially wrapped the way you have it. People laugh at me for wrapping my ends, but it just feels right.

Thanks

I've always done that to my bar ends -- keeps my hands in place.

Why would people laugh? Is old school or something?

I dunno...no one I know does it...they all wear gloves or something :p

I'm selling mine if anybody is interested £280.00 will need to be collected Frame/Forks are very clean and those Magura's...you will stop![http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64826]http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64826[/url]

I got clearance to buy a new "daily driver" that I found on end-of-the-year close-out (a 2009 C'dale 29er 2) so the Beast can go back to full rigid for camping trip duty and the like. I found my old seatpost was cracking too, so I picked up a decent vintage Control Tech.

Frame: 1995 20" Beast of the East (with 1996+ rear drop outs)
Fork: stock 1-1/8" threadless Pepperoni
Rims: Ritchey Vantage Pro
Hubs: Deore M900 XTR
Tires: Panaracer Classic Smoke/Dart
Pedals: VP 757 Bat Wingz
Crank: Shimano Deore FC MT80 175mm 44/34/24 (SR outers, Onza Buzz Saw inner)
Cogs: M737 8-speed 11/28
BB: White Industries
Front Derailleur: Deore LX M563
Rear Derailleur: Deore XT M735 Short Cage (Carmichael idler pulley)
Shifters: Grip Shift SRT-800 "X-Ray"
Handlebars: Answer Hyperlite (Control Tech bar ends... I think)
Stem: Control Tech
Headset: Tioga Alchemy (Dia Compe)
Brakeset: Ritchey Logic (Ringle Mojo cable hangers)
Brake Levers: Ritchey Logic
Seatpost: Control Tech 27.2x350
Seat: Contemporary Serfas for my old posterior that couldn't take the Ritchey Logic anymore

Weight: 24 lbs

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

Yup, that just looks so 'Right' ;)

I am awaiting delivery of a beast frame for Mrs P , we will have his and hers matching Beast's :LOL:

Wanted one for atleast 20 years, my mate had an 18" and it flew,

Classic iconic bikes :cool:

Gc

M800

Nice bike, I had one a long long time ago in VIPER RED with black decals, my first and to date best cannondale I've ever owned, no frills just a ridged hard core bike ENJOY :D

Back