Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Hi chaps, This is my old Raleigh.
Thought about selling it recently but I only received a few sub standard offers so I'll keep it until I get fed up looking at it again.
Not much not original on it. The grips and tyres and tubes have all went on during the years as the old ones were perished.

What do you think ?

Michael.

Attachments

• 112_0097.jpg
    112_0097.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,812
Right, here's some pics of the bike before the strip down began. Any info on frame, forks etc would be great. I'm thinking the bars + bar ends are USE and the seat post is a USE Ti. Am I on the money?

As I mentioned before, the frame seems to have Ti main tubes + chain stays. Forks are Rock Shox I think but don't know what model. :?

going back to the straight/curved forks debate... what does the sticker say on the side of your forks RetroRaleigh? they are nice looking forks, a bit like the Orange F7 or something like that..

Am I right in thinking it was in Fleet with a very reasonable BiN on eBay recently? very almost hit the button myself!

oh and if the lugs are black its an MT4, nice deep burghundy colour lugs its an Ogre, same frame though as i remember talking to the LBS BiTD trying to afford one and almost selling my little sister to raise cash for the MT4!

Hi Baj
You are thinking right ,it was the Fleet bike. The forks have Tange stickers on them.The lugs are coloured matalic black
IMG_0740.jpg

Can just see the top of the forks in the pic retro raleigh, deffo not dyna. Cant imagine anyone only buying an MT4 frame and no forks, maybe it was in a slight crash and the forks got bent, then they couldn't be replaced. The tubes look fine where they enter the lugs so no damage to frame.

Looked right back through the thread and have decided mines a 1992 MT-4 (or Ogre XT?). Looks just like the ones in the pictures. :cool:

Anyone tell me what the Rock Shox are? Mag 20's? :?

Just reading through a 1992 MBUK and found these prices in an add.

Dynatech Framesets.
MT1- CroMo, black- £230.
MT2- MnMo, fuschia- £290.
MT3- Ti/CroMo- £350.
MT4- Ti/MnMo- £439.
MT5- MMC- POA.
Chronus- MMC- POA.

Dynatech Titanium Cycles.
Diablo MT3, LX- £560.
Solaris MT3, LX + Rockshox 30- £735.
Diablo DX MT3- DX + Barends- £650.
Quantum MT3- DX + Rockshox 20- £999.