1994 GT Karakoram **finished 4/4/10**

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Just need to fit a chain then its done. As I said above, will fit cantis soon and change the seatpost, but for the moment this is to get it going as I have a shakedown ride happening tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG00252.jpg
    IMG00252.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,817
  • Karakoram.jpg
    Karakoram.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,817
Finished this morning, just added the chain and tweaked the V's.

Road test was a nice 2 1/2 hour ride with AndyB.

A superb bike, rides absolutely spot on. Nice and direct, reasonably light given the Q21's.

Zero problems :cool:

Attachments

• IMG00259.jpg
    IMG00259.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,783
  • IMG00254.jpg
    IMG00254.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,783
lovely build, really like the stem - makes the bike look really aggresive. :twisted:

Think I might get a set of yellow Quadra's for my Zaskar, based on the look of this. :cool:

there's a "rightness" to quadras on karakorams. they just scream "my owner loves mountain biking but isnt wedged to the max", a real "rider's" combo if you will

GT-Steve - the zaskar deserves Judy SLs if you want a fork in that colour

GT-Steve":4z68207y said:
lovely build, really like the stem - makes the bike look really aggresive. :twisted:

Think I might get a set of yellow Quadra's for my Zaskar, based on the look of this. :cool:

The stem is a genuine GT Flip-Flop. Its flipped to the low rise which is just how I like it. Quadra's are nice but I'd go Mag21 on the Zaskar.

cce":4z68207y said:
there's a "rightness" to quadras on karakorams. they just scream "my owner loves mountain biking but isnt wedged to the max", a real "rider's" combo if you will

Yup. Got these mint examples off Jones for £20. They are perfect.

i take it sir approves :LOL:

brings joy to my heart to see old bikes being loved again

:LOL: :LOL: :cool:

mikee":12a961w7 said:
i take it sir approves :LOL:

Oh yes, its a wicked ride!

Going to ride this one on my Lincoln big-un ride on the 25th April :cool:

I was a bit concerned bunging suspension forks on a SS but its fine.

Back