Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Are you sure frame no is AA.....? this sounds like the secutity decal number which is different from frame no.

An A frame number would be 1990. The titanium Dynas did not start until '92.

Cheers,

Chaser.

drystonepaul":3sz3unio said:
brocklanders023":3sz3unio said:
Just collected one of these. Don't think it's fully original but it's defo a dyna-tech/m-traxs. Full XTR + USE content but think it was built from the frame up bitd.

Will add pictures soon but for the record it seems to have Ti main frame and chain stays, cro-mo seat stays and 1 1/8th head set. Is yellow now but looks like the frame and Rock Shox forks were red at some point. :?

I'd be very interested to see this. I'm assuming it's the one which was on ebay recently. Although I wasn't bidding, out of curiosity I did get some pictures from the seller. Although a bit grubby and tatty, it looks to have some very nice XTR M900 kit on it. It'd be good to see how similar the frame is it is to my mystery Dyna Tech and to compare frame numbers.

It's the very same one Paul. I got pictures of the XTR but sh*t myself when I saw the frame pics that were posted up. :oops:

Turns out the rust around the seat stays is only surface and the frame is dent free. Biggest bonus was finding out it has a USE Ti seat post and USE bar/barend combo ;) Full M900 groupo in good clean condition except rear hub as the wheel was replaced last year. :D It's filthy and the frame needs a repaint but apart from that it's not bad. Even the Rock Shox seem not to be totally shot.

At last it seems I might have got a bit of a bargain off ebay! Will post some pictures and the serial number up soon as I'm hoping you lot can tell me more about it. ;) :cool:

Hello Chaser
After looking undernieth the bike the serial number starts with a C ,You were correct the AA number was on the decal . I have a lot to learn about this mountain bike lark. :oops:

Retro Raleigh":2yz4p4fv said:
Hi all
There is a sticker on the forks which read TANGE ,as you all say they are not the originals .

Defiant is using the same fork on his Fat Chance Ti! I remember selling these forks where I used to work b.i.t.d. I think they were imported by Fisher.

Slightly better pic of my recent purchase. Swapping the Maguras for original cantis, swapping the modern Deore mechs for DX or XT period correct ones and getting rid of that horrible seat! And it's got roadie toe clips :? Has anyone got some stickers please? :D

Attachments

• small 010420101011.jpg
    small 010420101011.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,782
Right... Have stripped mine down today. It's marked up as an M-Trax 454 but I don't think these are the original decals. The serial number is C14196. Any idea what it is experts????

brocklander023":2gxap8xr said:
Right... Have stripped mine down today. It's marked up as an M-Trax 454 but I don't think these are the original decals. The serial number is C14196. Any idea what it is experts????
Well the C would indicate that it's a 1992. Any pictures of the decals...?

Retro Raleigh":icf47nxh said:
Hello Chaser
After looking undernieth the bike the serial number starts with a C ,You were correct the AA number was on the decal . I have a lot to learn about this mountain bike lark. :oops:

C = 1992

;)

Chaser.

drystonepaul":24lpfyuf said:
brocklander023":24lpfyuf said:
Well the C would indicate that it's a 1992. Any pictures of the decals...?

Will get some pictures up when I can but I'm having pc issues at home. :evil:

Am I right in thinking it wont be an M-Trax if it's a 1992? :? Spent all yesterday after noon stripping the frame and it seems to be in good nick. Bloody hard work when you can't use nitromors!

Hi DSP,
It seems we share enthusiasm for the same bike brands - Raleigh and Saracen ;-) You are right, a 92 would not gave been branded M- Trax.
Looking forward to seeing the frame/bike.
Cheers,
Chaser.

Back