1990? Diamondback Axis

coolhand

Retro Newbie
I had a feeling it was a (sort of) classic... the full white/purple marble paint job with the XT components. I'd put in on ebay of offer to sell it here, but I think the shipping would be expensive overseas. Anybody interested state-side? Althought after reading this forum, I'm getting a kick out of the idea of restoring this puppy. How do you determine the age or year of this particular bike? Was 1990 the first year and only year they were offered without shocks?

Fix it up, ride it and enjoy... oh and welcome.

My first MTB was a Diamond Back back in '93 and I loved it.

If you post a pic (not sure if you can on your first post) I'm sure someone will be able to ID it for you. There are a couple of guys on here that know way too much about Diamond Backs of that era!

I've an Axis put a side as a project to keep me busy this year... this place will do that to you!

I added a pic of the bike to my gallery, I wasn't able to attach the pic to the response for some reason. I also have a metallic purple Topanga that I'm not sure about. I seemed to have run out of quota space to add that pic.

It's 91 or 92 I think. It's pre Avenir which wasn't untill 93 I think.
I have a 1989 Axis.
I had an Ascent EX BITD with similar colours.
What does it say underneath 'axis' on the top tube?

Rampage":2it4thrt said:
I have a 1990 Axis (despite the thread saying it's 1989).

????????????? :shock:
Avenir is Diamondbacks inhouse brand, my 89 Ascent has Avenir equiped decals on it - although I think the only componants were the toeclips and grips

Rampage":fdp6gvin said:
I have a 1990 Axis (despite the thread saying it's 1989).
It's not 91 or 92, 91 Axis was Black (with stripey-ness) 91 Axis Team was Lime green.

My guess is 90, 89 has straight forks, I think.

Back