SSEC 2010 ~ Roll Call!

ededwards":29usip8y said:
sinnett177":29usip8y said:
He's coming to our NWA ride this Saturday (bike polo pending no doubt!), do we have a suitable punishment for this limp wristed pole stroker?

Make him ride with risers and barends I reckon.
I believe thats common practice for the polo brigade! Maybe make him ride without any anodised parts, can't see him getting too far.

If I knew he was into Bike Polo he would have never got a place!! Gheylords are banned!

We are looking for 5 Marshals, you'll need a bike, and be available from about 08:30 on Sat 17th April through until about 15:00. For your trouble you'll be issued with a security band, this will enable you to gain access into the parties(Fri/Sat nights), rides (Friday/Sunday) and you'll be fed on the Sat night.
If you're interested I need firm definitives not maybes!!! Email me on SSEC10 AT gmail.com if you're up for it. Thanks

Totally committed to showing up now but still not settled on my steed, too many bikes to choose from.

Train tickets sorted, Youth Hostel before and after event reserved, cat booked into cattery, this I hope will be really cool :cool: :cool: :cool:

Must not forget CHEESE gromit :LOL:

If it helps on the bike choice the course has a fair amount of climbing but some sweet singletrack. There are some fireroad sections to give the 'r**ers' a chance to get past without ruining the more social riders day.
I've ridden the course on a 2:1 equivalent.

Not 'event' fit, ratio will be 1.75:1 and hills may be walked but thats nae bother as we say up here in MacRetroland ;)

How you going to police the 'R' word policy. At least half the participants will probably absent mindedly say it at least once. Chuck that many folk out and you might have riots as bad as last time the Welsh invaded :LOL:

How you going to police the 'R' word policy. At least half the participants will probably absent mindedly say it at least once. Chuck that many folk out and you might have riots as bad as last time the Welsh invaded
we'll just make sure these people are crossed off the prize list ;-)

Couple of photos from the Forest of Dean today, let's hope that the weather holds....

Oh, and saw a couple of wild boar with 6 piglets. The latter were very cute but, after a 5 minute Mexican standoff, the adult beasts made me turn back.

Attachments

• Velvet Garden 2.JPG
    Velvet Garden 2.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Velvet Garden.JPG
    Velvet Garden.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,116
That looks fab. I've got some local beer and cheese on order and the bike is running well so all I need to do now is drive for 10 hours :?

Back