Ideas for an old NRS?

Scarfacexxx08

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have an old Giant NRS frame i'm thinking of re-building, Thing is the paintwork isn't that great. I have been thinking of getting it all shot blasted to strip the paint off. Now, i'm thinking do i re-spray it and then if so whats the situation when spraying all the joints and then trying to get them back together? Or do i leave it down to bare alloy pollish it up and laquer it?

hi
powder coating shouldnt be a problem if the powder coaters know what they are doing blocking all the threads up so no pc gets to the threads

oo i like these, i remember a mate having one of these when they first came out, looked like a low slung 4x type bike almost

I've put it all together minus a front brake and it feels nice. I think i might just get the frame stripped then get a garage to spray it. Now all i need to do is decide what colour

I'm still thinking what colour, which has made me think colours of cars. I do like the Orange of the Focus ST, but there must be other colours out there i would like. It can't be white/turquoise as thats the colour of my Kona. Can't be purple thats the colour of my Klien and can't be gun metal grey as thats what my epic is. So can anyone think of a car which is a really nice colour?

I've just bought an NRS, I'll stick a thread up soon. It's a size large, which is a bit big for me, but I might keep it for a while and see if it really is too big. Seems to ride really nice. I think they are very XC specific, from what I can gather.

i had an NRS XTC back in the day, propper blagged frame from giant when i was in the trade, really liked it (and so did barrie clarke when he saw it at mayhem :D ) i had it painted in white, i know you said you don't want white but it looked great, i did silver lettering with a black outline and had the web address of the shop i was working at on the toptube which was www.cyclex.co.uk and the "x" was done as a union jack,

i'll find a pic . . .

it's a scanned one but you get the idea

Attachments

• giant xtc custom paint and build.jpg
    giant xtc custom paint and build.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 1,558
white looks good, my mate had his the stock blue and black? colour with silver thrown in i think. i think you should go for the white/blue of the newer giant glorys is it? :? they look quite good

Back