'97 Kona Cindercone hotrod - Now with paint and decals!

Is my build retro enough?

• Yes. Were nearly in 2010 ffs!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well its kinda retro modernised...

• NO

• Its somewhere in between mate but still very cool ;)

• Total voters
Legendary thread! get that bad boy built Mike!! Cant wait to see it finnished, gonna build my CC up, might fit 100mm reba,s on it or120mm, just got to find out if they would be ok. :cool:

Cheers Bigdave :)

Yet again the god of money isnt smiling down on me so I'll have to wait a little longer :(

Still cant decide if I should go ahead and re-spray the frame and forks white like I had planned to originally :? I like sticking to my plans so it may well happen. But I do like the gunmetal colour on the 94/5 CC above....

Decisions decisions. :LOL:

White frame and white forks might be a bit much dont u think? Grey frame and white forks might look nice. Dunno, up to u matey. Sure it,ll look nice built up what ever colour u pick.

You know the Kona chain stay protector, the little stick on cloth one, where can u get one? cos i will be needing one for mine when its done

dave

Hi Dave.

Well my front wheel is being built up by a local LBS at the moment so thats some progress. Frame still needs painting. I was going to send it back to Shand cycles to have hose guides brazed on and a new seatstay bridge. Decided not to bother now. I'll just smooth over the welds where the old bridge was. Ive already done both the old canti mounts. Nice and clean now :)

I tried respraying my fork lowers but it went tits up so I think I'll get them done professionally instead. I should be able to drop off the frame and fork lowers at the powdercoaters in the next couple of weeks. After that It's ready to build and fettle!! :)

You'll have to give me a sneek peek at your build man, Rebas sound interesting.... Drop me a PM.

Popped into the shop today (Future cycles - Forest Row) to pick up my wheel. The bloke gave it to me and I noticed they had installed a different rim to the one I gave him, and hadn't used the gold alloy nipples I provided! Doh! The guy was so embarrassed, very aplogetic, and promised to sort it out as soon as possible. I just hope they didn't build up my rim and nipples on someone else's hub!

:LOL:

Should I be asking for a reduced price once it finally gets done properly?

mikesnowdon":1xs9qlnc said:
Popped into the shop today (Future cycles - Forest Row) to pick up my wheel. The bloke gave it to me and I noticed they had installed a different rim to the one I gave him, and hadn't used the gold alloy nipples I provided! Doh! The guy was so embarrassed, very aplogetic, and promised to sort it out as soon as possible. I just hope they didn't build up my rim and nipples on someone else's hub!

:LOL:

Should I be asking for a reduced price once it finally gets done properly?
Not if they've used your correct parts and done a good job. Although an apology for any delay should be made.

But they haven't (yet), which is the point, and the wheel has already been with them for 2 weeks. I'ts no big deal though :?

Back