1989 Raleigh Mirage

daj":3dj9p041 said:
nice history

Maiden voyage at the HONC? :D

Not sure about HONC. Have happy and very rose tinted memories of the mirage. Would 65 miles round the Cotswolds help that?

Nice bike John. :cool:

Why did parents do that? I know giant-one and he's the tallest soft lad I know but he'd still stuggle to fit his old 23"! :roll: :oops: :LOL:

drcarlos":clo27d17 said:
Sounds a familiar story, nice bike.

Carl.

Yes, you very rerely come accross a normal sized raleigh retro on ebay. Its quite frustrating when they are always massive.

Bikes look so much better smaller

John":1w26oi6c said:
daj":1w26oi6c said:
nice history

Maiden voyage at the HONC? :D

Not sure about HONC. Have happy and very rose tinted memories of the mirage. Would 65 miles round the Cotswolds help that?

Most definitely!

A friend and I have an understanding that once a cycling related idea is mooted it has to be followed through with, although with beer usually involved this can result in a few ill advised ventures (week long tour of Wales on a singlespeed with a large Carradice saddlebag and no change of clothes. Anyone?). Now this has been mooted you MUST comply, particularly as it would be an awe inspring sight.

If that sounds a step too far then I suggest a meet where everyone attending rides their first bike.

Now if ANYONE mocks what we first rode on this site, I'll happily point them to this picture in the Guv'nor's rides section:

main.php

We all had to start somewhere. The chances of me finding my 1986 Greyhound City 5 are a little remote though...

Much better than my first mountain bike, if you can call a 100GS equipped Amazon a real mountain bike that is...i rode up mountains with it, mainly the Offas Dyke path :D

It would be an interesting meet that ed ;)

@Edwards - I was almost considering it until you tried your weak Jedi mind tricks.

@LGF - no shame in the mirage. Although I've obviously lost my way afterwards since I've yet to reach the higher state of retro consciousness others have obtained.

I'd not blame my folks for the frame size. It was generally bike shops who were clueless about MTBs fitting these up like road bikes. I ride a 23" road frame now so I guess they were right. In a way.

Back