SHIMANO M900 XTR BRAKES/SHIFTERS AND SPARES

dibs go to you for shifters/brake combo then,sir!will be going home to parents to sort stuff this weekend.going for long weekend,so will be ready to dispatch stuff to people about this time next week.

Seriously, this dibs business gets right on my tits.

I ask a perfectly reasonable question then someone else jumps on the response to that question and calls 'dibs'? :roll:

Oh and if it sounds like i'm being petty and shirty, i am.

Obviously it's at the sellers discretion to sell to who they choose, but i fail to see the harm in all forum users at least having a bit if common decency?

As i'm in the venting my spleen frame of mind; locking For Sale threads so that only the author can post replies would at least prevent punters from knowing they'd been shafted.

Come on guy's we have to face it Tallpaul does have a point here, and these objects of desire come up often enough not to fight over them. I think first in line is first in line and this should be respected.

I hope I’m not hanging myself here :D

Er, shirty aside mate, I asked long before you if any more of it was going spare - the intended pieces being the combos.

Common decency therefore would have been for you to at least wait for me to state the pieces I was interested in once deore2 said it was all up for grabs.

Presumably you would have been cool bout shafting me then...?

BoyBurning":3owfv29m said:
Er, shirty aside mate, I asked long before you if any more of it was going spare - the intended pieces being the combos.

Common decency therefore would have been for you to at least wait for me to state the pieces I was interested in once deore2 said it was all up for grabs.

Presumably you would have been cool bout shafting me then...?

Zzzzzzzz :roll:

Have 'em. The point i was making is a general one. This specific example was the straw that broke the camels back.

All too often people call 'dibs' and don't even buy the item! It is a practice i find annoying, and one that could easily be side-stepped by making threads open for posting only by the author. This in turn would also stop for sale threads being spammed by other sellers or getting filled by irrelevant garbage (like this post for example).

sorry peeps,didnt want to upset the karma in here.i understand about the whole 'dibs' thing.this is the first place i've seen it used.basically,im a capitalist,truth is,i was going to keep it all,but as soon as i got an offer i folded.i just think the 'dibs' thing is handy for keeping track of who wants what.sorry if i've upset anyone,never meant to.

Tallpaul":isd1tqqe said:
Have 'em. The point i was making is a general one. This specific example was the straw that broke the camels back.

All too often people call 'dibs' and don't even buy the item! It is a practice i find annoying, and one that could easily be side-stepped by making threads open for posting only by the author. This in turn would also stop for sale threads being spammed by other sellers or getting filled by irrelevant garbage (like this post for example).

I will have 'em yes - thankyou for your permission.

Locking threads. So everyones' inboxes are always filled instead - what would happen then? It's the way it works on here and until guidelines change it's the method I'll be using.

How about we take one each in an effort to keep things friendly?

This is what I like to see!, reading this thread has made my evening! it's like watching my own 2 kids (5 and 7 yrs) battle.... like kids....... over stuff!

Bikeshopowner":9udt8e3m said:
This is what I like to see!, reading this thread has made my evening! it's like watching my own 2 kids (5 and 7 yrs) battle.... like kids....... over stuff!

Glad to be of service. It feels liberating to exercise my inner child :)

Back