Hell of the North Cotswolds 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
After pedaling up Winchcombe hill saturday .... Something with an engine!! :cool:

daj":a2pd2xx3 said:
After pedaling up Winchcombe hill saturday .... Something with an engine!! :cool:
... and having paddled along Monks Lane and the boggy bridleway up Langley Hill on Sunday, I'm thinking something with an outboard...

There's a slim chance I may need to be back in France on April 10th, but if I'm riding I'll be on my old Stumpjumper:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53086

Has anyone got any thoughts on tyre choice? The bike's got a pair of 1.5" Conti XC at the moment.

one-eyed_jim":wntrtzgm said:
Has anyone got any thoughts on tyre choice? The bike's got a pair of 1.5" Conti XC at the moment.
I went for Panaracer Fire XC's in 1.8 flavour last year and they were spot on, but it was bone dry last year.

I work 5 mins up the road from Winchcombe and pretty much live in the middle of the 100k route, The ground is drying out rapidly within the last week. Will update nearer the time :cool:

its funny it never twigged until I started working over there that the yellow "100" stickers I see everwhere around here are the HONC route stickers duurrrrr :roll:

Gravy Monster":2tmj7ygo said:
Just thought I would give this a nudge :D as its closly approaching !

So whats everyone riding ?

Im planing on riding the Conquest ;)

I'll be riding either the geared MOOTS Rigormootis or my old steel Yeti.
:)

I'm thinking 1.8 fire XCs too, unless its evil boggy. Any idea on the % split road / offroad, I'm guessing trailrakers be too draggy on long road sections?

Bike will either be a Pace or an Orange P7, probably running rigid forks.

quick 20 miles today on what I thought would be harder ground off-road route and it was pretty damn sticky ... surprised, Hope it dont downpour leading upto the 11th :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back