New toy, mid-build. Santa Cruz Superlight.

random_dave_1":3cux5h1p said:
FR? This is going to be XC all the way, built for speed! Will probably have a play round with different stems, I like a stretched out riding position.

The wheels, whilst not everyones cup of tea are my absolute favourite, I've never had to straighten them, and they roll incredibly smoothly, they seem to make the bike so much quicker! I don't know what it is about them but don't knock em til you've tried em!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, I'll add more pictures as and when it's ready. Just need to figure out what's the best stuff to clean up the frame with, it's got a few scratches and a patch where the finish has been worn away a bit so it's lighter than the rest on the top tube.

Fair enough on the wheels if you've had no issues with them. Personally I'm not keen on wheels with a low number of spokes or spins etc...they just don't look right.

I know what you mean, they take some getting used to, especially when stood next to other bikes, but they've stayed true and smooth for 8 years and untold miles now! It's one of the things thats put me off getting discs.

As for cranks, I was going to put my white industries on there (the sugino ones I'm afraid), but there's some red race face ones on the bay, what do people think, too much red?

Right, rather than revise for my irrv exams I've finally assembled the Superlight and here are some photos of the finished article. I've not taken it out for a ride yet and there's a few little things I want to change (red chainring bolts look necessary and I'm not 100% on the stem yet but think some carbon bars might make me feel better!). Any comments/criticism welcome!

Attachments

• CIMG2087 (Small).JPG
    CIMG2087 (Small).JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 862
  • CIMG2088 (Small).JPG
    CIMG2088 (Small).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 862
  • CIMG2089 (Small).JPG
    CIMG2089 (Small).JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 862
  • CIMG2090 (Small).JPG
    CIMG2090 (Small).JPG