1994 DBS Kilimanjaro E-Stay -= Norwegian Steel =-

6.5x55":3ju40e6b said:
That frame's retro lovely but the low-end forks are boggin' :shock: .

HA! :LOL:

I have been trying to come to terms with them for the lat week.. HATED them when I first saw them, they have been slowly growing on me but oh sooo slowly. I still don't love them, just don't hate them.
Remember when you were little and a teacher had you and the kid who's teeth you were just trying to knock out by the scruff of the neck explaining that if you didn't shake hands and make friends that instant parents would be called. It's that handshake that the Struts and I are having right now.

Low end aside for the mo.. Looks wise I like the lowers, I don't mind the bridge it's chunky in a kind of cool retro way, I think it's the crown that unsettles me which is odd because that very same style of crown on the rigid Tange forks look great.

I did pick up some cheap Tektro cantis rom the bay that suit the forks well.. I'll get some photos up later and see If I can get you from "boggin" to simply "Quite ugly" :LOL:

Plan B is some rigid Struts at this point.

minor progress on this veeeery slow project. Forks arrived in the post yesterday and I think they are a fast improvement she looks much livelier now :D You'll have to excuse the grot and awful v-brake set up.. just wanted to get a quick spin in to see how it felt before dark. Also got to feel fist hand what v's feel like under canti levers, bleh.

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 2,961
didnt think the forks looked that bad realy ....... butt that brace :shock:
horid just horid :D but the new ones are a big improvement , good looking bike that like it alot :cool:

thel33ter":3lhewi1y said:
Minus a few for that pun though :LOL:

Fair call :LOL:

Here it is in 1x7.. I'm going to use her for the commute while I rebuild the forks of my fav bike.

Re-born as a single speed to get back into shape for summer.

7899688784_2a87e966d7_c.jpg

Just read your thread and seen all the various changes over the past two and a half years. Looks like your having fun with it :D

Looks surprisingly good with the amp fork...

...and if you ever go back to rigid you could do a lot worse than a P2 ;)

Link below to my 'Kili Wot'

Back