Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Hadn't intended this frame to be built up like this, it was a Thursday night spur of the moment parts bin build as I was frustrated not having the funds to build it how I wanted it. I think it's turned out ok though, except the white pedals don't suit, the chainring might be a little too much too :D
More info here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94746

SNC13401.JPG

SNC13407.JPG

SNC13405.JPG

chaser - i really like what you have done but would deffo try to change the red to purple on the forks. The white or ivory colour of the forks is fine imo.

easy rider - looks good for a last minute parts bin raid and i quite like the chainring! :D

Noob

Found this place after a couple of days searching Google, info i have found up till now is conflicting.Can anyone give a positive I.D on the following.

Not used a bike regular for nearly a decade, got this at weekend. Will be using mostly out with kids, maybe the odd long distance trip (7-10 mile) trips (road/coast).Maybe the odd day out with some hardcore trial riders

I know the guy i got it from had tinkered with it so not all original parts(might be a chance he has the old parts)

Here she is, sorry in advance if it's too many pictures or too large. Looking for all opinions, want to make this a project bike which suits my needs as listed above. Have a mate who can get it in a chrome bath, but I'm leaning towards white with a bit green detail. Shoot me now :)

Really a noob, so feel free to point out the bleeding obvious etc,etc. Not sure if they are the original decals as i can't find any 'hand built' ones on it? thoughts? suggestions?? (yip i know the stand has to go)

znk1er.jpg

2iqfggw.jpg

n4wkmp.jpg

16h4495.jpg

23wqxk0.jpg

2ahi1hs.jpg

21b6g4k.jpg

262t8af.jpg

4rqng2.jpg

21mf5lf.jpg

1zlbt03.jpg

bi72tt.jpg

Looks stunning fella. Seems to be what it says it is from th ewishbone anyway.

I wouldn't get that resprayed. Looks great in that colour, plus saracen's have a very good thick powdercoat that chips really difficultly which you wont be able to recreate elsewhere. And the chips/scratches don't seem very bad on it at all.

Really a very very nice bike.

Cheers for the quick reply

Damn i wish i took some before photographs, I've spent maybe 4 hours cleaning the chain/gears/brakes. In the process one of the cleaning products caused the paint to bubble :oops: Hence the thoughts of respray, that and I've been very ill and having this a project will help me a great deal

Can anyone link me to the original version of this bike? Also year built, and exact model (google has confused me)

I agree with coomber on the paintwork although If I had to pick one thing the forks look a little long/high to me you can drop the 36 proclass to 80mm travel by repositioning a circlip inside the forks I just think it looks a little high at the front,as for a link think you would be hard pushed as Saracen has been taken over and revamped by Madison,best bet is if Neill or one of the Saracen Guru's has an old catalogue they can scan,do you know what year it is ?

As depicted on the top tube it looks to be a kili team fs so is quite top end. Also I would say it would be a 98 or maybe 99. The groupst looks the original one too..

Thanks Dendy I'm guessing the age of it is the reason why google was not a great help.However it helped me find this place, so all is not lost

shutterman":1nmi8ufv said:
Thanks Dendy I'm guessing the age of it is the reason why google was not a great help.However it helped me find this place, so all is not lost

Your money will be lost if you go near the for sale section :LOL:

If you get any more photos etc up post a thread on the readers bike section. I'd also guess at around a 1997 frame.

Probably a 97 or 98ish if it was 99 I think it would have a mega 9 group-set. Nice bike though :cool:

Latest posts

Back