Dura Ace Black edition

crud

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
ive just managed to win a 1977 nos gear ensemble (front and rear mech and shifters) for 56 quid. I was suprised it went so cheap.

are vintage road parts cheaper than mtb?

crud":25ck8p4o said:
ive just managed to win a 1977 nos gear ensemble (front and rear mech and shifters) for 56 quid. I was suprised it went so cheap.

are vintage road parts cheaper than mtb?

No.

The Shimano stuff often goes relatively cheap although recently I've seen some items increasing in price.

The prices that super record, c record and more or less any record fetches is often very very stiff. Certainly this stuff will regualrly beat M900 and M950.

Interesting, thanks.

here's a link to what I have bought.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

My Jack Taylor, even tho its a '57, has mainly 70's parts. Suntour Cyclone mech's with campy record shifters. I didnt want to retro fit 50's parts as well, they dont work great.

I am not sure if these dura ace gears will be better than what I have, the rear mech is the first slanted parrallogram one..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Very nice ensemble. The shifters do also exist in black. Of the early Dura Ace groups only the AX edition is really expensive.

I plan to build a slightly earlier black DA groupset on my white & black Batavus Professional.

Thats a good price - personally I'd leave it in the box for another year and sell it on.

looking at recent prices, any good quality mechs are going up, being pulled up by the more and more expensive Campagnolo. Even the often overlooked Suntour is creeping up.

Elev12k":3aaodr6j said:
Very nice ensemble. The shifters do also exist in black. Of the early Dura Ace groups only the AX edition is really expensive.

I plan to build a slightly earlier black DA groupset on my white & black Batavus Professional.

do you have any pictures of your groupset?

legrandfromage":3aaodr6j said:
Thats a good price - personally I'd leave it in the box for another year and sell it on.

looking at recent prices, any good quality mechs are going up, being pulled up by the more and more expensive Campagnolo. Even the often overlooked Suntour is creeping up.

Thats sound advice. The more I think about it I think I will leave the Jack Taylor as it is. At the moment it tells the storey of time. It has obviously been used continually though the decades as it has parts from 50's 60's 70's 80's and 90's on it!

No, I do not have pictures. Actually I do have two black groupsets, both not 100% all black.

Groupset 1) black brake callipers, shifters, Crane mech, front mech, low flange hubs, rings, headset

Groupset 2) black brake callipers, shifters, high flange hubs, cranks+rings, headset

Silver for the rest. Notice both haven't black brake levers. I think they are quite rare. I would think polished silver is also a better finish for levers. Optically better scratch resistant.

Elev12k":779exztq said:
No, I do not have pictures. Actually I do have two black groupsets, both not 100% all black.

Groupset 1) black brake callipers, shifters, Crane mech, front mech, low flange hubs, rings, headset

Groupset 2) black brake callipers, shifters, high flange hubs, cranks+rings, headset

Silver for the rest. Notice both haven't black brake levers. I think they are quite rare. I would think polished silver is also a better finish for levers. Optically better scratch resistant.

i've got a pair of first generation hi flange black dura ace hubs, new in the box original box, i'm gonna keep them for a while, since it doesn't go well with the razeza i'm building.

anyway, anyone knows for how much this could go?

Back