First North Wales Creme Egg Ride - Saturday April 3rd

m-trax":93oxs29f said:
Would love to come, but I think I need some serious time in the gym. I went out the first time last weekend since Xmas, and boy am I unfit! :shock:

dont let fitness put you off, you will not be alone ;)

crud":slr665gc said:
m-trax":slr665gc said:
Would love to come, but I think I need some serious time in the gym. I went out the first time last weekend since Xmas, and boy am I unfit! :shock:

dont let fitness put you off, you will not be alone ;)

i hope somebody is fit as im bringing a tow rope to give me a tow ;)

Using excellent input from my delegates plus some time pouring over the OS and Google Maps, I'm planning this variation on the recognised route.

Starting at the public house in Cyffylliog at 10.30 (for 11am move) we'll follow the trail through Clocaenog Forest but cut up to Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre for lunch earlier - after 12 miles.

We can then make an educated decision (based on weather and morale) whether to bolt on the Alwen resevoir loop or leave it out and pick up the return leg on the Clwydian Trail. The full leg back is 13 miles.

We of course now finish where we started - at a pub - which always lifts the spirits! I expect to be back by the pub fireside by 3pm.

Route indicated here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 33371&z=12

Looks like the terrain will be mostly fireroads so bring a suitably shod steed.

Any other queries fire them here - PM me for my mobile.

Mr K

If it is only the 25mile then I can probably manage this (35 was out of the question), I will ask the other half and let ya know.

m-trax":qju0n96d said:
If it is only the 25mile then I can probably manage this (35 was out of the question), I will ask the other half and let ya know.
Come along Lyndsey, you'll be fine.

Just how hilly is this route then...?
I'm thinking of single-speeding if I have a suitable bike ready in time. Is this notion the pure ramblings of a lunatic or would a 34:18 be a good bit of painful fun?

drystonepaul":118h6ayp said:
I'm thinking of single-speeding if I have a suitable bike ready in time. Is this notion the pure ramblings of a lunatic or would a 34:18 be a good bit of painful fun?

If you take the single speed you can walk with me up the hills :LOL:

drystonepaul":2ira10lq said:

There was a couple of very steep hills but most are long less steep hills. I think i dropped to granny for about half of them, but i was pretty knackered :roll:

I thought about taking the newly built Saracen, but that's geared 36:17 and I don't think I'll manage that, OK for short steep-ish climbs but for the long ones it'll be a killer.

I think you should bring it, because the weather forecast is not looking good and we could all do with a laugh :LOL:

Back