2005 Tomac Taos **Revamp in Progress**

Gadro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
A couple of weeks ago my wife mentioned in passing 'I'd like a bike'

So here's a build I've just done for her, Mid range components all new or nearly new parts. Hopefully I can get her on a bike when the Sun starts to shine :cool:

Frame: 2005 Tomac Taos 15" Small
Forks: Rockshox Dart 2
Chainset: Shimano Deore
Brakes /STI's: Shimano XT
Brakes: Shimano XT V Brakes
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
Front Mech: Shimano XT
Stem: Azonic
Headset: FSA Orbit
Handlebars: Easton EA30
Handlebar Grips: Sunline
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Saddle: SDG Bel Air
Pedals: DMR Platforms
Wheelset: Alex Rims with Shimano Hubs
Wheel Skewers: Shimano XT and Deore Mix
Tyres: Scott Ozon

DSCF0735.jpg

DSCF0737.jpg

DSCF0738.jpg

DSCF0739.jpg

DSCF0741.jpg

DSCF0736.jpg

Ta need that crown race as well. It hasn't got one on at the moment so it can't be ridden :(

Well happy with the frame, shame it's so small or I'd be riding it :cool:

Bit of an update for you

I tried to sell this on here but to no avail :(

Instead I've now decided to keep it :)

But it is in the process of undergoing a revamp. This is a high quality frame and deserves better components. I've already tried it with a longer stem and seatpost and it fits OK. Fine for throwing about on some single track

So out with most of it. It's now been stripped back to Frame, Front and rear mechs and chainset. Everything else is gone

I've sourced the following for it

Fox F80 RL's
Raceface Deus XC Headset and Stem polished silver.
Hope Seatclamp silver 34.9
Shimano XT M770 Shifters

Need a Disc Brake set :( anybody?

Will post some pics up of the transformation soon

Merlin have some cracking deals on for new disc brakes at the moment. For under a hundred squid you could pick up a complete set of juicy 3's. I bought a set of Elixir 5's for £135 and they are great.

Obviously a set of nice second hand Hopes for a similar price would be preferable of course. ;)

Nice frame btw. Will you or the wife be riding it when revamped?

Probably me :)

Build is starting to progress

Here's the bike as it stands

DSCF1143.jpg

DSCF1144.jpg

Not to sure on the forks yet :( May change for F100's as the rear chainstay seems to be nose diving.

Currently have added the following

Raceface Deus XC Headset
Raceface Deus XC Stem 120mm 31.8 clamp
Fox F80 RL Forks
Carbon Headset Spacers x 2 (One will be going once I'm happy with the standover and steerer tube will be cut to fit only if I'm keeping the forks)

Still waiting on arrival of the Shifters, Hope Seatclamp. Seatpost is now going to be a Carbon FSA as the Raceface posts are a tad expensive

I've also sourced a Hope Brakeset which hopefully is on it's way to me. I'm adding some Centre Lock Discs to the wheelset. The wheels are a New take off from my old Scott Scale and are Alex Rims laced to Shimano hubs, not he best but are mint and will do for what I have in mind.

Need to source a Saddle (probably going to be a Charge Spoon CroMo) and some FSA carbon bars and grips. Might even end up going for a XT Chainset match the Shifters and Mechs, nowt wrong with the Deore one mind just being a snob

Latest posts

Back