Kirroughtree with Macretro - Sat 27th March Aftermath

clockworkgazz":313yq5u6 said:
would you go back?

Yes, definately. Its a really good test circuit, both technical and physical. It'd be interesting to go back after a summers riding to see how you'd come along.

Definitely want to go back, less mincing, session some of the trickier stuff, and swap my SPDs for flats just for more confidence on McMoab! :)

Do it on a bike I'm a bit more comfortable on too. Would think about maybe making a weekend of it, camping out and getting Dalbeattie and Mabie done at the same time. Forget about the ride, it was the 5 hours in the car that took it out of me :oops:

Davy G has offered his guiding services again :) but aye an early start an try more of the tricky stuff would be great. I mentioned the ride on another forum and someone mentioned a Glentrool/Kirro super loop :shock:

Hi guys, thought i'd join up (It's Stuart by the way).
Just thought I would thank you guys for a good ride on Saturday. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the banter was also top notch.

The Rockhopper":2m7o4fh0 said:
Just thought I would thank you guys for a good ride on Saturday. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the banter was also top notch.

It was great to have some local ken :) already thinking of going back sooner rather than later :)

I'd go back in summer but as part of a camping trip, too far in just one day.

Will need to bite the bullet and buy one modern trail bike, most of my kit would fail horribly at K'tree

The Rockhopper":3qtuydmv said:

welcome to the forums Stuart... hows the aches and pains by the way and did you get the bike sorted???

davy-g":2bios9jl said:
The Rockhopper":2bios9jl said:

welcome to the forums Stuart... hows the aches and pains by the way and did you get the bike sorted???

Cheers, arms fine, shoulder and foot slightly bruised but i'm good. Yeh got the bike sorted, just took a bit of gentle persuasion to straighten out my brake lever, lol.

The Ken":s3fw5qr2 said:
Bigdavevw, you should have said who you were and at least come out for the photoshoot, shame you had to work, was a good day (despite the pain :) )

I totally forgot it was on till i seen Davy G. I seen Velo, he came in the shop for a look. Looks like u guys had a good ride!! :cool:

Dave

Back