Question for Proflex fans

Lots of interesting points guys!

I personally think the carbon swing arm just looks cooler - it is about 4oz lighter than the alloy version too.

Proflex do look better with Vectors - a point that I really should take note of :roll:

Ameybrook - your race bike weighed 28lbs :shock: Wasn't that a 'factory' ride? My 857 is just under 28lbs with some pretty cheap/hardcore kit including heavy 4X wheels!

Tinkerer - in short just enjoy your Animal as it is, post some pictures in readers bikes and clear your shed in preparation for a bigger bike collection soon. Welcome to the forum!

KEv

MadCowKev":38ljba7e said:
Ameybrook - your race bike weighed 28lbs :shock: Wasn't that a 'factory' ride? My 857 is just under 28lbs with some pretty cheap/hardcore kit including heavy 4X wheels! KEv

Ya dude. Note the bike in the pic is not that one, but my team edition bike in 98 with carbon vector legs and swingarms was a hair over 28lbs. Granted it had K2's smart shocks, which were utter crap. I used to turn them on at the start line so the LED lights would scare people :LOL: I didn't have much special on it, mostly XT stuff. A teammate got his down to 25 lbs, but that was dropping some serious cash.

Thanks for all the information - this site is a great thing so well done to whoever set it up. If nothing else it shows that decent products often fall by the wayside for no good reason. My Proflex is the red and blue one shown above and so could easily be equipped with a Carbon swingarm but I don't have one so I will run it as is and try to shave the extra weight off my gut!

I have a spare alloy swingarm just like that if anybody wants one. It was red but I stripped it back to bare alloy - looks the mutts nuts!

I have a 857 with a carbon swing-arm and a Girvin fork and it's very light.
I'm rebuilding mine. I like it a lot.I just picked up a carbon SLR saddle for it.
I need a new rear shock and so far Risse sells an upgrade. Not sure if this counts as vintage a it's a 1997 model.

Attachments

• swing-arm.jpg
    swing-arm.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2,758
  • carbon-slr.jpg
    carbon-slr.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2,758
  • proflex857.jpg
    proflex857.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 2,758
Back