Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Re: XC50 hybrid

bikemeister2000 said:
holmes said:
New to this forum - found you searching for info about my Dyna Tech XC50 hybrid.

I've owned this bike from new since 1990, bought it in a sale in the Raleigh shop in Surbiton. I used it a lot when I lived in London but not much for the last 10 years

Anyone know anything about these, I can't find anything about it anywhere...

Is it one of the yellow ones?

Pictures are in the gallery under holmes......

Mick D":1mcx3tw5 said:
If poss would i be able to join this thread, As of tomorrow will own a Raleigh Thunder Road form 89/90/91 era.

Absolutely !!!! :)

Thunder Road was hand-built in Raleigh Special Products. I know, I was there at the time.

Reactions: MOB
For your enjoyment, Picked her up tonight.
21" reynolds 531 frame my only gripe is the stem, Thinkin Flexistem eventually

Attachments

• thunder road (1).jpg
    thunder road (1).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,775
caught up with bikemeister today at the national mtb at sherwood it was a pleasure to talk about the old days at raylee i had forgoten how much knoledge he has and he put me right on the uglies and told me the story of how they were named.looking forward to meeting up again maybe with some of the old team it would be good if it was at the big dog!!!!

Retro Raleigh":3q2i0mwj said:
Hello all
I'm bit of a newbe to this great site and to Raleighs .Any way I have just bought a Raleigh ATB/MTB Dyna-tech :D it is silver / black and I think it's a Ogre XT ,which would be nice to respray and bring it back to its former glory . There are no Raleigh or Dyna-tech stickers on it athe moment apart from the Titanium sticker at the bottom of the seat frame. Has anybody got a printed or scaned picture of the lettering so I could get my mate to make a set of stickers / stencels or is there a sticker guru on this site? I have seen some for sale on ebay but they are just a black outlie.

Also is the black on the frame just black as mine is coloured metalic black?
Sorry to ask so many questions
Just its a new toy

Thanks
Any help will be most appreciated :D

Hi Retro Raleigh.

I (Ogre XT) have posted a pic on this thread of a MT4. Cant reload the page for some reason.
:D

Re: XC50 hybrid

holmes":1h6xhog4 said:
bikemeister2000":1h6xhog4 said:
holmes":1h6xhog4 said:
New to this forum - found you searching for info about my Dyna Tech XC50 hybrid.

I've owned this bike from new since 1990, bought it in a sale in the Raleigh shop in Surbiton. I used it a lot when I lived in London but not much for the last 10 years

Anyone know anything about these, I can't find anything about it anywhere...

Is it one of the yellow ones?

Pictures are in the gallery under holmes......

Thanks for the pics. What a fantastic sight. It looks almost like New. Congratulations !! :D

Mick D":33qdsalg said:
For your enjoyment, Picked her up tonight.
21" reynolds 531 frame my only gripe is the stem, Thinkin Flexistem eventually

Sorry Micj D.. No Scrap. Just Dynatech's :D only kidding..

Retro Raleigh":251cqnhp said:
Hi Mr XT
Is the Orge XT a MT-4 ? Just they look the same to me apart from the decals ? :oops:

Hi retro - BikeMeister may confirm this for us - he's a legend with DynaTech.. I'm betting the cable guides for both Mechs are top tube mounted. The Ogre XT has cable mounting in standard route. ie down the down tube and along the chain stay. can you confirm the MT4 has cables all along the top tube. :cool:

Hello Mt XT
My top tube has only the rear brake cable on it ,the mech cables run down the front tube. Looks like a Orge XT then. Glad I didn't but some MT-4 decals now .
Thank you for all your help.

Back