FS 1979 Koga-Miyata GentsLuxe-S frameset

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offering 1979 Koga-Miyata GentsLuxe-S frameset

In the late 70s/early 80s the Koga roadbike range consisted of a couple pure racers like the ProLuxe and the FullPro - the bikes raced by the IJsboercke and Capri Sonne pro teams. Next to that there was a range of roadbikes for riders with a more relaxed attitude. The GentsLuxe-S was the most sophisticated and luxurious you could get.

Frame is nicely made. Do not expect a wealth of decoration, as it shows a no frills purpose aimed execution. Tubing is Miyata Hi-Manga DB for the entire frame. Shimano dropouts and bb cable guides. The frame is finished with a durable multi layer coat. Colour: A nice pearl brown. Typical for the era.

Original equipment for this bike was Dura-Ace EX with SR cockpit and post. Mavic rims.

Features:
- Miyata Hi-Manga DB tubing for frame and forks
- Shimano dropouts and bb guides
- durable 7 step coat
- Seattube: 58cm c-t
- Toptube: 550mm

Condition:
The frame has not seen much use, but there are some cosmetic flaws. Paint is overall very good with a nice gloss, but mainly some peeling edges and other imperfections in the panels have their effect on overall impression. I think with clear tape most can be corrected quite well, but not all. There are several scratches in paint: on toptube and on stays. View pics to inform yourself. Structurally frame is 100%. I am pretty sure it is a very low miles frame and that most cosmetic occured through moving around in a storage.

Comes with:
- Tange headset >>

4438130441_acb422d114.jpg

Looking for 120 GBP shipped

View more pics >>

Go HERE

4438916426_5cc1dfd98d_b.jpg

4438906442_764d8abc09_b.jpg
[/

That's nice Mel, as you say purposeful with no frills..
Like that a lot.
Good luck with the sale..
del

Thanks Del

The frame is now SOLD and I've heard the new owner has some nice plans with it :)

Back