lochore meadows

duncs

Dirt Disciple
took my kona out this afternoon, stopped at the cashline and some random bloke asked me if iv just been to lochore meadows was pretty bizzare to say the least as its about 15 road miles to get there and i was still in my work gear,
anyway looking on the net it seems there has been trails built but i cant find that much info just some facebook guff and im not hip enough to understand all that :LOL: so does anyone have any idea what its all about or actually been on the new trails as it would be good to have this pretty close to home.

cheers
duncs

its a trail park ,some lottery funding and euro grant cash
built or at least designed by the same crowd that did glentress etc i'm
told

however

some nuggethillbillynedclown (generic term) went down there and
straightend his cleft pallet whilst scratching a sygnet ring and tearing his
kappas ,bear in mind they have yet to cut the ribbon on this place
and apparently the mothers of lochore have been up in arms about this
and are demanding it is bulldozed before its even open
presumably so they can carry on dogging car torching and badger baiting
in the area as its safer

the ride thru there and on to benarty is good tho

yes its indeed a bit to close to ballingry for my liking! its always the same eh,there's nothing for the kids to do etc and when something does come along thats actually a good idea for once,one misshap and there up in arm's :roll:
never knew there was much of a trail to get through there wouldn't mind learning that one.
my local trail knowledge consists of:
nature routes round stenton towards kinglassie
town park
balburnie park
falkland hill
and the trail from thornton up into kirkcaldy

and thats it you would think i might of picked up more considering i grew up in the place for 27 years :LOL:

As a wee nipper, I have fond memories of climbing up Benarty Hill with my grandad (Glencraig native, moved to Ballingry). On a whim, just did a google streetmap on their street...

ballingry.jpg

Nice old Mrs Hunter doesn't live there any more :cry:

Just got this in the EdCoop Mailer, I'll probably take the kids along if the weather is good...

Event:
Meedies Mountain Bike Jam
Saturday 17th April -
Lochore Meadows Country Park

Meedies Mountain Bike Jam is a new free event happening this April to celebrate the launch of the new mountain bike trails and mountain bike club at Lochore Meadows Country Park . It is being organised and supported by Outdoor Education, Meedies Mountain Bike Club and CLD Teams. It is also being supported by Celebrate Fife 2010.

2 related facebook links....
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 119&ref=mf

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 0681855851

do think this thing should be encouraged tho
will trundle along if anyone wants to make a macretro chapter hood
thing
not particularly into jumping off stuff and hurtin MEself
b a cud b t ere wid me neebs
word homz

sorry chaps :oops:

gosh rob if your going to be sarcastic at least get your WURDZ correct
the kidz will never rezpect you man writing in dat stylee